GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wonderful humans."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/08/04 at 19:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*NOT an anti-Christian comment*

'Gay groups have reacted furiously to a decision by the usually liberal Los Angeles Times to carry an advert describing homosexuality as a curable disease. The $50,000 ad was placed by a group called Exodus, which claims to have been "curing" homosexuals since 1976. It features the tesitmony of 36-year old Randy Thomas, who says that he is no longer gay after undergoing radical Christian therapy. The paper's decision to accept the advert has been denounced as "a spit in the faces of gays" by angry readers. '

Well, you can guess my feelings about that. Anyway,

'The track record of Exodus is not entirely successful. The group's two founders had to renounce their own teachings after falling in love and moving in together

(The Week)

I re-iterate that this is not anti-Christian or whatever. I just found it as a funny example of humans and the strange things that happen around us.
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*NOT an anti-Christian comment*

'Gay groups have reacted furiously to a decision by the usually liberal Los Angeles Times to carry an advert describing homosexuality as a curable disease. The $50,000 ad was placed by a group called Exodus, which claims to have been "curing" homosexuals since 1976. It features the tesitmony of 36-year old Randy Thomas, who says that he is no longer gay after undergoing radical Christian therapy. The paper's decision to accept the advert has been denounced as "a spit in the faces of gays" by angry readers. '

Well, you can guess my feelings about that. Anyway,

'The track record of Exodus is not entirely successful. The group's two founders had to renounce their own teachings after falling in love and moving in together

(The Week)

I re-iterate that this is not anti-Christian or whatever. I just found it as a funny example of humans and the strange things that happen around us.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:12
"period drama"
Wonderful.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
"A man who was chatting to the police about the stupidity of criminals was arrested when an officer noticed a packet of marijuana sticking out of his pocket. Jesse Bryant struck up a conversation with a deputy sheriff at a petrol station in Slidell, Louisiana. But the officer noticed the plastic bag in his pocket and made Bryant hand it over. "What was that you were saying about stupid people?" he asked, before charging Bryant with possession of marijuana"

(Week again)
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:22
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I obviously don't know anything about this, so can't really comment on it - if that was what you were hoping for. But with political correctness and all, you wouldn't get in trouble for an Anti-Christian message anyway, NOT that this was though.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:26
Regular
I don't agree with the christian way.. Forcing someone to change their emotions to the same sex is like telling Bush not to cause more wars.
I can't believe it that in the 21 century they still have problem with gays.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's evident what I think of the first bit.

The only reason I posted it was because I found it funny as an example of the way humans......act. I didn't want FF to comment so I could attack him (no matter how fun it is). It was just an interesting event.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:33
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I didn't want FF to comment so I
> could attack him (no matter how fun it is).

Didn't think so, as it's not (to be honest) anything to do with me.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I obviously don't know anything about this, so can't really comment on
> it - if that was what you were hoping for.

How wonderfully self centred.

The whole world doesn't revolve around you, you know.
Fri 06/08/04 at 23:49
Regular
Maybe it is a disease.

After all, we certainly weren't intended to mate with someone of the same sex.
Sat 07/08/04 at 06:47
Regular
Azul wrote:
> How wonderfully self centred.

Haha, haha. No - you see I was simply coming in here to show not a shred of denial or support for what has gone on, and came in to see if anyone wanted to ask any questions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.