GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wonderful humans."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/08/04 at 19:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*NOT an anti-Christian comment*

'Gay groups have reacted furiously to a decision by the usually liberal Los Angeles Times to carry an advert describing homosexuality as a curable disease. The $50,000 ad was placed by a group called Exodus, which claims to have been "curing" homosexuals since 1976. It features the tesitmony of 36-year old Randy Thomas, who says that he is no longer gay after undergoing radical Christian therapy. The paper's decision to accept the advert has been denounced as "a spit in the faces of gays" by angry readers. '

Well, you can guess my feelings about that. Anyway,

'The track record of Exodus is not entirely successful. The group's two founders had to renounce their own teachings after falling in love and moving in together

(The Week)

I re-iterate that this is not anti-Christian or whatever. I just found it as a funny example of humans and the strange things that happen around us.
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:33
Regular
Hmph.

I was talking to a friend about this last night.

Like I said below, I was probably a bit passive by declaring it a "disease". It isn't an inflicted disease, it's surely got to be some sort of mental thing.

And Snuggly, I know we don't have to reproduce, but we have the ability to do it, right?

I know this might sound a tad, well, excessive, but I've always believed that we are always looking for a potential mate, like the basics of animals, to put it lightly.

To be attracted to the same sex is a different concept, you have have the right mentality for it, that's what I think anyway. I'm not saying that "gay people are not normal", It's more of a change in mentality.
Sun 08/08/04 at 01:58
Regular
I would have thought it was the other way around. Christians aren't going to beleive our aim is continuation of the species, they think it's some higher purpose crap that God has planned for us.

If you support evolution then whatever we are now, we evolved from a species that did live only for self preservation and reproduction.
Sun 08/08/04 at 01:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Men are born to be attracted to women, and visa versa. To be
> attracted to the same sex has surely got to be some sort of mental
> thing, correct?

Not at all. You say we've been put on this planet to reproduce, that's a very Christian way of thinking. I wasn't put on this planet for any reason other than that of my parents having sex, therefore I don't have any role to fulfull. Whether or not I choose to have sex with men or woman is my own decision, not a mental illness as you so succinctly claim. There is no 'normal' as you put it, only what society deems to be normal.

Just because I have a dick, doesn't mean I was born to reproduce.
Sun 08/08/04 at 00:46
Regular
Okay, for the third time, it isn't my point of view.

Got that yet?

It was a point of view that could be used in this discussion, not once did I say 'I think...'. I was merely offering it as a discussion point.

And no, it isn't retarded at all to think of homosexuality as a 'disease of the brain', there's plenty of evidence to support it if you'd care to go and talk to some professional psychologists.

It just isn't a view I agree with.
Sun 08/08/04 at 00:33
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yes, homosexuality is another way of thinking. But that's not what you said earlier. You suggested that is was a disease, ie. something inflictied upon 'normal people'. I'm all for free thinking, but those two comments were retarded. If you prefer to think of normal as 'what most people think' then go ahead. I'm just saying that your point of view as expressed earlier was worded to be quite offensive.
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:27
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:

>
> We can state, quite clearly, that if someone cannot understand that a
> different way of thinking exists other than your own, you can be
> labelled mentally disabled, retarded. That if you couldn't even
> bother to try to understand a different perspective of your own, and
> to quickly and very simply label someone's feelings as wrong, then
> you could be classed as inhuman, moronic, wastage of the planet,
> someone who lowers our standards.

Exactly. Truth is, there probably isn't a person on the planet who doesn't have at least 1 'abnormality'. It's because it's hard to define, doing something that isn't considered the 'average' thing to do would make you abnormal - which is ridiculous.

You can define and categorise mental illnesses such as schitzophrenia, as its clear their brain is not carrying out basic mental processes correctly. Other things like not being able to process faces, read emotions etc; yes they can all be categorised as disorders, but you can't do that with a way of thinking. And that's what homosexuality is, a different way of thinking.
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The purpose of a species is to reproduce and continue the species,
> animals are supposed to find a mate of the opposite gender.
>
> Says who? I know plenty of people who don't plan on having children,
> would you care to tell them that they're not fulfulling their role as
> a human being?

Because it's what species do, look around, the evidence is all over the planet. Take any animal, it seeks food, water, a place to live and a mate - then it dies.

Just because Humans have evolved a higher state of thinking, and are able to create and appreciate other things in a life, it doesn't mean the basic foundations aren't there; originally, it's what we were designed to do.

It's that attitude that's causing this planet to fill
> to bursting point with mewling cabbages because these 14yr old girls
> think they have to let some wideboy spill their Red Bull-tainted seed
> into their gullet to 'continue the species'. If the purpose of the
> species is to get pregnant and thunk out another mouth to feed, then
> the females of Harlow are truly leading the way.

Slightly different though, again due to the advanced human brain. Other animals don't have E-list celebrities from Big Brother influencing a nation of lame brains into becoming petty thugs and vandals. Due to our advancment it's easy for us to survive (in developed countries anyway), and we know that having offspring is entirely optional, other animals don't have this luxury.

All I'm really trying to say is that we have evolved past the basic rules that species live by, but we still have that original 'programming' inside of us, which is why finding a mate of the same sex can be seen as a dysfunction of the way in which our brain is supposed to work.

>
> And for the record, telling someone their sexuality is a disease
> is kinda insulting.

Again, I didn't say I supported this view, I was just offering it as an idea for discussion. Homosexuality was removed from DSMIV (and the others) about 40 years ago, 'curing' hundreds of thousands of 'mentally ill' people overnight. I do agree with this, that homosexuality shouldn't be considered a 'disease', as we have the freedom to choose what we like.
Sat 07/08/04 at 22:36
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:

"But I do honestly believe to be homosexual"

I got a bit confused then.

But to be honest, it really doesn't matter what you think. All you can do is think from your own viewpoint, your own set of views. We're also quite capable of labelling you, and all 'like' you, insane, foolish, and ill.

We can state, quite clearly, that if someone cannot understand that a different way of thinking exists other than your own, you can be labelled mentally disabled, retarded. That if you couldn't even bother to try to understand a different perspective of your own, and to quickly and very simply label someone's feelings as wrong, then you could be classed as inhuman, moronic, wastage of the planet, someone who lowers our standards.

But hey.
Sat 07/08/04 at 21:24
Regular
I probably sounded a bit passive by just declaring it a "disease"

But I do honestly believe to be homosexual, is some sort of psychological condition, a mental illness, if you we're to put it strongly.

Like WS said, we are put onto this planet to reproduce, to mate with the opposite sex. Obviously we don't have to carry out this role, but that's what we have been designed to do.

Men are born to be attracted to women, and visa versa. To be attracted to the same sex has surely got to be some sort of mental thing, correct?
Sat 07/08/04 at 17:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The purpose of a species is to reproduce and continue the species,
> animals are supposed to find a mate of the opposite gender.

Says who? I know plenty of people who don't plan on having children, would you care to tell them that they're not fulfulling their role as a human being? It's that attitude that's causing this planet to fill to bursting point with mewling cabbages because these 14yr old girls think they have to let some wideboy spill their Red Bull-tainted seed into their gullet to 'continue the species'. If the purpose of the species is to get pregnant and thunk out another mouth to feed, then the females of Harlow are truly leading the way.

And for the record, telling someone their sexuality is a disease is kinda insulting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.