GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XP Help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/08/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok, I'm sure I've sorted this before but now I have no idea what I have done or how to change it back. Suggestions please.

Right a few days ago I was just cleaning up the computer, under the users accounts part there was one called something like .NET .ASP MachineA or something along those lines, well having never seen it before I got rid of it.

Now when the computer starts up I get a screen asking for a name and password, before it was the one that allowed you to click on which user you want to load (But I don't want that either as before it just loaded straight up into my account)

So any idea how to change it back so that it just boots up into the one account?
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:43
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Have you got TweakUI?
>
> If you haven't
> [URL]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx[/URL]
>
> When it's installed click on the + next to logon and then click
> autologon and enter your user details there etc.

Thank you very much.

A long time ago I installed that and turned D:/ and E:/ off in the drivers section of tweakUI. I unistaleld the thing and havnt been able to select the CD-Rom or rewriter form an exploer window since.

That was about 7 months ago.

Thanks
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
Go into Control Panel, click user accounts, You might see another account besides 'you' and 'guest' click on it and hit delete files.

This should do the trick, usually happens when doing windows updates.

Hope that helped,
Danny
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I used system restore to kind of get it back to the way it was which will do for now.
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:57
Regular
Have you got TweakUI?

If you haven't [URL]http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx[/URL]

When it's installed click on the + next to logon and then click autologon and enter your user details there etc.
Fri 06/08/04 at 17:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok, I'm sure I've sorted this before but now I have no idea what I have done or how to change it back. Suggestions please.

Right a few days ago I was just cleaning up the computer, under the users accounts part there was one called something like .NET .ASP MachineA or something along those lines, well having never seen it before I got rid of it.

Now when the computer starts up I get a screen asking for a name and password, before it was the one that allowed you to click on which user you want to load (But I don't want that either as before it just loaded straight up into my account)

So any idea how to change it back so that it just boots up into the one account?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.