GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Afew days of peace and quiet....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/04/01 at 17:58
Regular
Ant has taken his PC to SR for RAM upgrades - It'll take 3 days (a little long I think, but still). So no munching and no sugar for 3 days. Hurahh!

Darkness
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:34
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I though they did it while you wait.
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah - freedom
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:26
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Yep me got ram on it's way. Takes like 10 minutes to install.. I think I have to agree with the Tony theory Darkness :)
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:21
yeh most likely!(:)
Mon 30/04/01 at 21:15
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Perhaps Tony realised it was Ant, and told the guy to take it in for 3 days, to give us guys a break!
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:44
Regular
lol

But in my PC there are only 4 simm slots and only 2 Dimm slots....

...which means if I put 4 4MB Ram cards in that would total 16MB

anyway, aren't Dimms ment to be better?

I know that you have to buy 2 simms of the same memory value to work so Dimms are better in that respect, but are Dimms any better than Simms?
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:41
Regular
Depends on how much ram you're ramming in. Ant could be putting gigabytes of the stuff in, all in 4MB simms.

(Or, as we all suspect, he's just a little dimm himself.)

Har har.
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:36
Regular
It only takes 2 minutes to open the computer (Well if it's like mine with loads of screws it does), if you've got old simms it takes about 1 minute to take them out, another minute to put the new Dimm in, and another 2 minutes to close up the PC again.

That's how long it took me on Saturday Morning! That took me 6 minutes!

So I think paying SR to put them in is a bit much unless you really are having difficulty putting them in....

....even though it's not hard to do...

..in fact there's no other places the chips could fit....

...so even if you didn't get the instructions with the Ram chip and/or you've never fitted Ram it's just common sense really!
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:03
Regular
3 Days for RAM upgrades? I can do it in about 10 minutes!
Mon 30/04/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
M16 watches the mice come out to play...

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.