GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP - words fail me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Two year break!"
Mine has arrived this morning.

I honestly can't begin to explain how incredible this thing is.

When I switched on the DS I remember thinking "cool".

When I switched on the PSP I thought "holy $%**!!!!"

They are two VERY different pieces of kit, it's a bit like comparing two cars (a Ferrari and a Fiat for example).

Both good but for totally different reasons.
Fri 11/02/05 at 00:53
Regular
"8==="
Puzzling...

puz puz puz
Thu 10/02/05 at 16:14
Regular
"Two year break!"
My sony earbud headphones are fantastic - really like them. Plus they look great with the PSP.

Might actually get the white ones cause they split like the PSP headphones so you can still use the remote commander and plug the shorter section into the remote rather than having a massive length of cord.
Thu 10/02/05 at 15:57
"period drama"
I got some Sony headphones t'other day.
My ears almost defied biology and came all over the place.
Thu 10/02/05 at 15:53
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hedfix wrote:
> Personally I think Sony products are overpriced from selling off a
> brand name. I bought a dirt cheap CD player/tape/radio combo mini

Hahahahaha! Someone just posted recommending Alba as a brand? Man that's legendary. There are other factors to consider beyond durability when buying a new amp/cd player/dvd etc... don't think Alba would rate very highly on any of them!

Personally, I think the above post shows that you are a guy who puts value for money over such things as sound quality... fair enough but there ARE reasons why Sony make so much money and Alba don't.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hedfix wrote:
> Flaming hell! Bit of brand loyalty there then? :D

Never really thought about it like that, but I suppose so. Their products seem to work, so I'm more likely to buy them again. Has nothing to do with console loyalty though, that would be ridiculous. Of this generation, I have a PS2 and a GameCube, both still set up, both still in use, both still see new games.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:29
Regular
"8==="
Blank wrote:
> My original PSX, stereo, personal CD player, laptop etc
> have all been problem free.

Flaming hell! Bit of brand loyalty there then? :D

Personally I think Sony products are overpriced from selling off a brand name. I bought a dirt cheap CD player/tape/radio combo mini tower thingy in 2000 (Alba is the make I think) whereas plenty of the high-tech multi CD changer Phillips, Sony and other 'higher' brandname players have gone bust for other members of my family whilst mine still plays everything perfectly.

Kind of odd.
Mon 07/02/05 at 06:29
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Yes, but I'm sick of the DS fan group constantly resorting to
> "anyone who buys a PSP over the DS prefers graphics over
> gameplay" without stopping to think that they might actually
> prefer the games the PSP has lined up, and the fact that it has
> better graphics is a bonus. And whoever that guy was, he mentioned
> the graphics alone, and people fall overthemselves to put that
> argument forward. It's not as simple a choice as that.

1. As Hedfix said, the way he commented made it seem like better graphics were the only reason he'd opt for a PSP.

2. This wasn't at all PSP related - he could have been referring to any console currently in a war and I would have said the same thing.

3. I don't consider myself a DS fanboy. I know you didn't say that, but that's how it came across. Yes, I'm a fan of the DS but I ain't going to get all moist in the crotch area every time someone mentions it. I'll be buying a PSP come UK launch most probably. I still haven't decided though.
Mon 07/02/05 at 01:29
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
For me it comes down to the games. Unless the system is ridiculously unreliable, it's not much of a problem. I own a lot of Sony products, the only one I've had trouble with was the PS2, that had to be repaired after...three years or so (stab in the dark), and it's a UK launch model. My original PSX, stereo, personal CD player, laptop etc have all been problem free.
Mon 07/02/05 at 00:46
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough.

Personally I don't want either but Nintendo have the stronger record as hardware far as quality is concerned.

If I were to buy one it would be the DS because Nintendo hardware doesn't appear to have been widely reported 'breaking down'.

This is why I still don't own a PS2, but I'm looking into another Cube and did have 2 Xboxes at one time. Graphics don't bother me, gameplay usually comes as standard but actually trusting that the quality of the product is such that it'll work for a good 5-10 years is important.

If the PSP is still seen as a quality, sturdy product when the PS3 comes out I'll get a PS3, if it's not then I won't.
Mon 07/02/05 at 00:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yes, but I'm sick of the DS fan group constantly resorting to "anyone who buys a PSP over the DS prefers graphics over gameplay" without stopping to think that they might actually prefer the games the PSP has lined up, and the fact that it has better graphics is a bonus. And whoever that guy was, he mentioned the graphics alone, and people fall overthemselves to put that argument forward. It's not as simple a choice as that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.