GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How Do I Send An Ebook?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I probs sound well dumb now, but how the hell do you send one? They're 2 big to be an email attachment aint they? Please help me...
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I probs sound well dumb now, but how the hell do you send one? They're 2 big to be an email attachment aint they? Please help me...
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Freeola Support"
What type of an Ebook is it, a PDF document for instants?
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
yeh, just a normal PDF file to be read on Adobe Acrobat
Thu 05/08/04 at 19:57
Regular
"Freeola Support"
How big are the PDF's when created?
You may wish to consider zipping them in a compressed format (this can be done with a tool like Winzip or XP's own inbuilt Zip Function)
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I'm not sure what size, just ebooks generally? Are their other alternatives besides Winzip and alike. By compressing them with winzip, does this allow me to send as an attachment or what?
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It depends on the size of the file and the e-mail address you are sending it from and too.

Some e-mail providers (most free ones) have a limit on the size of attatchments, others allow large files. But I wouldn't send the large attatchments if the person isn't using broadband as it would take much longer to download.

If you know its too big to e-mail then the next best way would be to either ftp the file or upload it to some free webspace and send them the link to the file and get them to download it from there.
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
cheers, that seems sensible enough. Appreciate it
Thu 05/08/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I know this isnt really relevant, but Afternoon, havin fun workin at SR?
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Well the people here are really friendly and easy to get on with, lovely cafe below the offices and I do enjoy working here.
Sun 08/08/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Glad 2 hear it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.