GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shelbourne"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 09:54
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Anyone hear about this Irish team? Well basically they're into the final qualifying round of the Champions League against Deportivo. Basically if Shelbourne beat the Spaniards, they'll be in the Champions League proper.

They beat Hajduk Split over two legs and below is a snippet from Sky Sports, the only report I could find on the game apart from BBC CEEFAX.

A night of celebration awaits in Shelbourne, after the Irish club's impressive 2-0 victory over Hajduk Split.

Shelbourne progress 4-2 on aggerate, after goals from Dave Rogers and Alan Moore secured a lucrative trip to Deportivo La Coruna in the next round.

So - could there really be an Irish team in this year's Champions League?
Thu 05/08/04 at 09:54
Regular
Anyone hear about this Irish team? Well basically they're into the final qualifying round of the Champions League against Deportivo. Basically if Shelbourne beat the Spaniards, they'll be in the Champions League proper.

They beat Hajduk Split over two legs and below is a snippet from Sky Sports, the only report I could find on the game apart from BBC CEEFAX.

A night of celebration awaits in Shelbourne, after the Irish club's impressive 2-0 victory over Hajduk Split.

Shelbourne progress 4-2 on aggerate, after goals from Dave Rogers and Alan Moore secured a lucrative trip to Deportivo La Coruna in the next round.

So - could there really be an Irish team in this year's Champions League?
Thu 05/08/04 at 11:43
Regular
"no nonsense"
nope deportivo will slaughter them
Thu 05/08/04 at 12:10
Regular
no i think they'll do the usual cup small team thing. Win the first leg 1-0 everyone gets excited, they go gingerly (no scholes jokes) into the second leg and get battered 8-0.
Thu 05/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Indeed, I don't see this amounting to anything whatsoever. You often get a few surprises making their way in, but I can't see this lot winning either leg against Deportivo.

Nice find, there.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
though greece would argue otherwise!
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The team will be over the moon to be just playing Deportivo. I think im right in understanding they will get up to around a £1 million boost from the game, according to SSnews.

Not bad at all.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Shelbourne will enter the UEFA Cup even if they lose to Depor.

A win win situation for them and plenty of revenue for a small team.

Goodluck to them.
Thu 05/08/04 at 14:52
Regular
If anyone's interested, I found their official website:

[URL]http://www.shelbournefc.ie/[/URL]

They will be having live updates against the match with Deportivo which I'll be looking at and we'll have to see whether Channel 5 will broadcast the match, as they do tend to show Champions League qualifiers.
Wed 25/08/04 at 20:21
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> no i think they'll do the usual cup small team thing. Win the first
> leg 1-0 everyone gets excited, they go gingerly (no scholes jokes)
> into the second leg and get battered 8-0.

Good prediction. They drew the first leg 0-0 away and got battered three nothing away.
Thu 26/08/04 at 00:01
Regular
"Colourless"
I always lose to this team on TCM.

They have some player called Geoghaighin or something. He always scores...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.