GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This week, I am interested in: Psychology"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 21:02
Regular
Yup, I've caught on with my natural urge to learn allll about understanding what makes Jim do that but not Peter so I was just a-wondering if anyone has or am is currently studying psychology and they have any advice for books or courses or universities and so forth because that'd just be smashing.

Anyone else interested in psychology but not really chased it up? Go on, tell us all, it'd be fun.
Sat 07/08/04 at 15:09
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
Just finished a term in Psychology. Found it fascinating. Especially the sections on the brain and behavior,states of consciousness, conditioning and learning, and psychological disorders.
Thu 05/08/04 at 02:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'll be signing up for it as soon as the goddamned prospectus turns up, i've always had an interest and i've no idea why it never occurred to do it ages ago, i think anything that helps you to understand people is a good thing and i'm reading up on it at the moment, and i'm starting to see examples of things of read in the real world, at the moment i'm very aware of projection, denial and repression in some people.
Thu 05/08/04 at 00:42
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> A lot of it is painfully mundane.

I totally agree with you, I did it at AS level this year aswell and found it boring.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:28
Regular
I've just finished doing AS level Psychology, intending to drop it next year though. I think a lot of people have a pre-conceived idea of what Psychology entails, which is horribly wrong. A lot of it is painfully mundane.

Basically it's a heck of a lot of work, and there is a lot to remember going into the exam, too much really if i'm honest.

But hey, if its your cup of tea you'll love it.
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:23
Regular
I never used to give a stuff about psychology, but then I started reading about sports psychology, and have learned a lot.

Now I'm beginning to look at day to day psychology, stuff you can use when reasoning with people, understanding their agenda and how they react to different approaches.
Though I've not come very far yet.

Although I expect I wouldn't be so interested in the bulk of the subject, just the stuff that's potentially useful to me.

I'd consider taking night classes or something at some point, maybe for an extra a-level or something, but not until after my masters..
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I've always been fascinated by psychology. It's cool.
Wed 04/08/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'd always wanted to try it but it's been hijacked by stupid people.
Wed 04/08/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm doing the Psychology of Music next semester, so I'll be able to make you give me all your money just by humming.
Wed 04/08/04 at 21:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I would have done it for GCSE, but decided it was too specialized and wasn't deep enough unlike the humanaties I chose. Might do it for A Level though.
Wed 04/08/04 at 21:04
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Anyone else interested in psychology but not really chased it up? Go
> on, tell us all, it'd be fun.

Yeah, I've recently started assessing almost every situation. Seems to help me stay collected in difficult situations. You can analyze the situation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.