GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shearer Targetted from Abroad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Has the arrival of Patrick Kluivert really unsettled Alan Shearer this much? Could he really be on his way out of St.James' Park before this season's even kicked-off??

-----

Taken from www.SkySports.com:

SPANISH SIDE TARGET SHEARER
Wednesday 4th August 2004

"Ambitious La Liga outfit Levante have lined up an audacious move to bring Newcastle United striker Alan Shearer to Spain.
The former England captain was linked with a shock move to Italian Serie B side Genoa, however the 33-year-old quickly poured cold water on the report.

"Levante have been keeping tabs on English football of late having landed Ian Harte from Leeds and have also been linked with Manchester United's Diego Forlan.

"The Spanish outfit's president Pedro Villaroel has stated the side have offered a two-year deal to Shearer, who has 12 months remaining on his Magpies deal."

"He has an offer for two seasons with us and his arrival is by no means impossible," said Villaroel."

"Meanwhile, Newcastle have closed down their first-team dressing room after a third player fell victim to an eye infection.

"Keeper Shay Given and central defender Andy O'Brien have already been suffering from the bug and now midfielder Lee Bowyer has contracted the strain.

"United take on Celtic in a friendly but will be without the trio as the club look to ensure no more stars contract the highly-contagious infection."

----------

I don't buy into all this the media are begin to speculate about him. I can't see Alan Shearer leaving his beloved Newcastle anytime soon - even if they've just signed one of the biggest strikers in Dutch (and European) football.

If anything, surely, he's got to be relishing lining-up alongside Patrick Kluivert in the coming months... The Dutchman has said he's looking forward to playing with Shearer - just think of the partnership they could still form...

Nicky Butt's another superb signing for them, and I'm sure Alan knows it. He'll be able to fill the void left by Gary Speed with ease, and with Kluivert making the goals, who's to say they can't go back to the days of the mid-1990s...!

Plus, if he does want to take over from Sir Bobby Robson when his time at the club will come to the end, he's got to prove his loyalty to the club and the fans and show he can stick and fight through it.
Wed 04/08/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Has the arrival of Patrick Kluivert really unsettled Alan Shearer this much? Could he really be on his way out of St.James' Park before this season's even kicked-off??

-----

Taken from www.SkySports.com:

SPANISH SIDE TARGET SHEARER
Wednesday 4th August 2004

"Ambitious La Liga outfit Levante have lined up an audacious move to bring Newcastle United striker Alan Shearer to Spain.
The former England captain was linked with a shock move to Italian Serie B side Genoa, however the 33-year-old quickly poured cold water on the report.

"Levante have been keeping tabs on English football of late having landed Ian Harte from Leeds and have also been linked with Manchester United's Diego Forlan.

"The Spanish outfit's president Pedro Villaroel has stated the side have offered a two-year deal to Shearer, who has 12 months remaining on his Magpies deal."

"He has an offer for two seasons with us and his arrival is by no means impossible," said Villaroel."

"Meanwhile, Newcastle have closed down their first-team dressing room after a third player fell victim to an eye infection.

"Keeper Shay Given and central defender Andy O'Brien have already been suffering from the bug and now midfielder Lee Bowyer has contracted the strain.

"United take on Celtic in a friendly but will be without the trio as the club look to ensure no more stars contract the highly-contagious infection."

----------

I don't buy into all this the media are begin to speculate about him. I can't see Alan Shearer leaving his beloved Newcastle anytime soon - even if they've just signed one of the biggest strikers in Dutch (and European) football.

If anything, surely, he's got to be relishing lining-up alongside Patrick Kluivert in the coming months... The Dutchman has said he's looking forward to playing with Shearer - just think of the partnership they could still form...

Nicky Butt's another superb signing for them, and I'm sure Alan knows it. He'll be able to fill the void left by Gary Speed with ease, and with Kluivert making the goals, who's to say they can't go back to the days of the mid-1990s...!

Plus, if he does want to take over from Sir Bobby Robson when his time at the club will come to the end, he's got to prove his loyalty to the club and the fans and show he can stick and fight through it.
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:02
Regular
"no nonsense"
yeah i read about this too. i dnt think he will leave newcastle this year but he is supposedly retiring at the end of the season, mayb he will go to spain at the end of his newcastle contract and spend a couple of years with Levante, who have already supposedly signed Ian Harte and are in negotiations with Diego Forlan.

So who knows, being a Sunderland fan :( the further away he goes the better, cant stand Shearer lol. and please dnt insult me about being a sunderland fan, i get enuff of tht from my mates... *covers face in shame* lol
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Shearer will never go to another club, unless the win the FA Cup. Shearer has already stated that he wants to win the FA Cup with Newcastle before he retires.

If Shearer and Forlan do go to Levante, then they could be a decent team to watch out for.
Thu 05/08/04 at 07:45
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I think Shearer will never leave, he's got 1 more year left and want's to go out with a bang by winning something. Levante have just been promoted last season and I think Shearer will see it as an insult for Newcastle to allow him to go. This is his best chance for silverware this season and will give it everything he's got, with the toon.
Thu 05/08/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Colourless"
Twas funny last year when that chairman of a minnow team told the paper's he'd signed Shearer just for a laugh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.