GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 10:12
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Hi all,

Strange but simple problem here. Yesterday I recieved a suspicious e-mail telling me NOT to open any e-mails about the World Trade Centre as they may contain a virus. I was suspicious about this e-mail as it was strangely written and had a personal note in to someone's father!? It then asked you to send it on to 25 other people by midnight tonight (which I didn't do), but that made me think of those stupid chain letters. Since I've opened the e-mail the computer has attempted a couple of times to dial up to something (I'm on AOL Broadband), but I have managed to continually hang up the phone or even turn the power off the PC to stop this. I then recieved an e-mail from the person this morning who said they did not send the e-mail, it was a hoax from someone using their e-mail address. I'm suspicious about whether there was a virus in the previous e-mail and whether there is some sort of dialer I can delete. AVG runs daily at 9PM every night and found no viruses either.

Help or experience with the problem muchly appreciated,

Forest Fan
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:22
Regular
Afternoon wrote:
> Did the email contain any type of attachment or link that you may have
> clicked on at all?

No, but it was sent to a lot of people and like I said had a weird message in it.
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:16
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Did the email contain any type of attachment or link that you may have clicked on at all?
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sounds like infamous dialer software. Ad-Aware might handle this.
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:21
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Am doing so now - thanks a lot.

No problem :^)

Did it work?
Wed 04/08/04 at 11:07
Regular
Am doing so now - thanks a lot.
Wed 04/08/04 at 10:48
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Download Bug Doctor from google. Get a free virus scan to find any errors. I would just ignore the e-mails.
Wed 04/08/04 at 10:12
Regular
Hi all,

Strange but simple problem here. Yesterday I recieved a suspicious e-mail telling me NOT to open any e-mails about the World Trade Centre as they may contain a virus. I was suspicious about this e-mail as it was strangely written and had a personal note in to someone's father!? It then asked you to send it on to 25 other people by midnight tonight (which I didn't do), but that made me think of those stupid chain letters. Since I've opened the e-mail the computer has attempted a couple of times to dial up to something (I'm on AOL Broadband), but I have managed to continually hang up the phone or even turn the power off the PC to stop this. I then recieved an e-mail from the person this morning who said they did not send the e-mail, it was a hoax from someone using their e-mail address. I'm suspicious about whether there was a virus in the previous e-mail and whether there is some sort of dialer I can delete. AVG runs daily at 9PM every night and found no viruses either.

Help or experience with the problem muchly appreciated,

Forest Fan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.