GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My review and overlook of "The Matrix""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/08/04 at 18:47
Regular
""It's me u want""
First off I would like to say sorry for writing this review in here and sorry for writing the review so late. But I have been working on a few reviews for a while now, and had to write a few reviews for my english coursework. I decided to write a review of "The Matrix" simply because its such an oustandingly super, mind grabbing film.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be able to live, breathe and work in a super dream world, a realm of software? Well The Matrix shows us exactly what it is like. With its awesome plot, intelligent technology and outstanding special effects.
The Matrix is a superb film set in the early 22nd century. Where computers literally rule the world. A computer-generated world has been created to imitate life as we know it. A crew of ‘Gifted’ saviours are on a mission to save mankind and find ‘The One’ (Keanu Reeves). Morpheus, the group leader, is convinced Neo (Keanu Reeves) is ‘The One’. Morpheus introduces Neo to the real world where they are on a constant mission to free humans from ‘The Matrix’ and to bring out the super powers that Neo possesses. But there is strong resistance from the ‘Agents’, the protectors of ‘The Matrix’. Morpheus trains Neo, who eventually finds himself to be a powerful awesome being with the strength to overcome the super strong Agents.
Neo wakes up to find a mysterious being is writing to him via his computer. It tells Neo to follow the woman with a white rabbit tattoo. So he did. He finds himself in a club talking to Trinity. His aim, to find out what the matrix is. Neo believes that he is in the real world, but when Trinity takes Neo to see Morpheus, Morpheus reassures him that he can show Neo exactly what ‘reality’ is. Neo was given the option to take a red pill or a blue pill. The red pill would show Neo the real world, in which Morpheus and his group of freedom fighters live. The blue pill would take Neo back to his home and return everything go back to normal. What pill would you choose? Neo chose the red pill. He finds himself in a big stasis pod full of red goo with cables attached to him. The cables detached themselves and he goes flying down a chute into the depths of the real world.
Neo and the group meet, they explain to Neo what’s happened to the world and take him into ‘The Matrix’ in order to convince him he’s ‘The One’. Morpheus guides Neo through some training, gradually giving him confidence. Cypher betrays the group, killing most of the freedom fighters, Apoch, Switch and Dozer. He injures Tank, but Tank manages to survive the sabotage-shooting Cypher, dead. Morpheus is taken hostage by the Agents. They demand that he is to hand over the codes for the Zion mainframe so that the Agents can reach and ultimate power. Neo and Trinity come out of The Matrix and watch Morpheus struggle to live. They both go back in, loaded with heavy weaponry to rescue Morpheus. Neo eventually rescues Morpheus and assumes the mantle of ‘the one’. This vision turns into code and the Agent approaches him, the Agent loses the fight and runs away because Neo is so strong and powerful with super fast reflexes. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wouldn’t mind having powers that Neo possesses!
Now, onto the Kung Fu scenes, these scenes were brilliant. The characters had to train for many months with a Kung Fu master, Yuen Wo Ping. There is a scene when Neo fights Morpheus in the matrix, to try and show Neo what he is truly made of. It is a test of speed, agility and mind control. At first Neo is slow but he gradually gains self confidence and his reflexes are quicker. This ‘King Fu’ style fighting is used by the three main characters throughout the whole film, Neo, Morpheus and Trinity. It is also a unique vision, dreamed by the directors in order to make a super futuristic fight scene look fantastic. Could you learn Kung Fu in five months and be as fast as they are? Job well done to them, I think.
The special effects in this film are phenomenal. They define the film and are yet so real that they could easily be overlooked. The special effects give the film a great appeal and turns it into an award winning legend. The film has many special effect moments but has 3 or 4 major events.
One example of Gaeta’s superb special effects is when the police barge into room 303 in an old, almost derelict hotel. Trinity puts her hands on her head, ready to attack. The policeman makes his move, ready to handcuff her, but she resists and jumps up into the air in a kick position. The camera circles Trinity whilst time has stopped. This suggests that Trinity has super powers and moves very fast because the policeman is just standing there. The slow motion, also known as ‘Bullet Time’, stops and returns back to normal time where Trinity thrusts her foot into the policeman’s stomach knocking him into the wall.
A further example of Gaeta’s brilliance is seen when Keanu Reeves and an Agent battle it out in an underground station. They both run up a pillar and grab each other in mid-air. Bullet time initiates and time stops. They both fire their guns and the camera rotates around them 360 degrees showing the bullets trailing, flying past each other. Then time returns to normal time when they both hit the floor with the guns held to their heads and no bullets left.
All these immensely satisfying moments were created using the ‘Bullet Time’ method. This is when the actor is strapped to a harness, against a bright green background, with about one hundred and twenty still picture camera’s surrounding the actor 360 degrees. All these camera’s take one picture each with about half a second delay between each camera. Therefore capturing the actor in motion but without having to use a video recorder. The images are then interpolated and made into an animation. It can then be edited at anytime and can be sped up or slowed down. This allows us to see an active sequence from any angle and at any speed in a way that has never been achieved before.
Now onto the references. To me, ‘The Matrix’ is related to ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Alice was always lost and shifted between made up worlds. This is related to ‘The Matrix’ because in The Matrix the characters are in and out of the ‘real’ world constantly. Alice in Wonderland is a maze, a made up world which seems real to Alice, yet it isn’t real. The Matrix follows the same idea. At first Keanu Reeves follows a woman with a white rabbit tattoo, same as Alice, except she follows a white rabbit, an animal. Alice’s scenery and whereabouts change often, so does the environment and characters in ‘The Matrix’. ‘The Matrix’ and Alice in Wonderland are outstandingly similar.
‘The Matrix’ truly is a worthwhile film. Buy it or rent it, because you really won’t be disappointed. If you do not wish to buy it, at least have the decency to rent it!
‘The Matrix’ warns us of futuristic failure. I believe that the future could turn out ravishingly disturbing, as the films, including ‘The Terminator’. ‘The Terminator’ was an outstanding film, showing us what the future could be like. Earth is obliterated with machines taking over and becoming increasingly independent. A future where humans are out of the loop, and rely solely on computers to do things for them. Would you like to be ruled by a robot or taken over by AI? I know I sure wouldn’t!
Its simple to say that ‘The Matrix’ is a superb film with great, never achieved before, special effects and amusing storyline which has you thinking at the beginning “What the hell is going on? I’m so confused!”.
Anyone with half a brain will understand just exactly what I’m going on about!
The characters are great, act brilliantly and each have their own story to tell. Even if Cypher is rambunctious!
So get into you local movie shop and buy or rent your copy today, you’d be stupid to miss out!

Cheers,
I just wanted you guys to hear me out. I had to get this off of my chest.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:32
Regular
yeah I know you're a big fan. I just felt shortchanged with what possibilities the first film hinted at.

still, as I say, a great trilogy nonetheless.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:25
Regular
I'm sorry. I sound a bit... pretentious, for want of a better word.

I just can't see as many plot holes as people say there are. Usually a little digging gives some nicely satisfying answers.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:24
Regular
And personally, I preferred the third to the second. It was the superb end fight that did it for me.
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:24
Regular
I KNEW Mav would reply to that! ;D

*makes reeling action with hands*
Wed 04/08/04 at 23:23
Regular
Think about it and you'll figure out what's missing. The plot across all three and the Animatrix is actually very well constructed.
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:41
Regular
LSD wrote:
> Like when Trinity's
> stomach was stab by those two pole; it was moving and bending.

problems with props I can handle, blatant holes in the plot with no attempt to explain them is what ruins a film for me.

as much as I love the matrix trilogy, it's chock full of plot holes.

I could list them here, but I like to think I have some self respect left.
Wed 04/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
Matrix and Matrix 2 was outstanding and will be a remembered as a classic, but Matrix 3 ruins the trilogy. I saw so much mistake in that film that I still remebered till today. Like when Trinity's stomach was stab by those two pole; it was moving and bending.
Tue 03/08/04 at 18:57
Regular
""It's me u want""
I did, well yes I did in my coursework! I was quite proud, got an A for it! Although I didnt seem to structure it all to well on here. Pity I didnt.
Tue 03/08/04 at 18:54
Regular
"a.k.a King"
The Matrix is an outstanding title. Remeber though to use capital 'I' and paragraphs in your coursework (giggle).
Tue 03/08/04 at 18:47
Regular
""It's me u want""
First off I would like to say sorry for writing this review in here and sorry for writing the review so late. But I have been working on a few reviews for a while now, and had to write a few reviews for my english coursework. I decided to write a review of "The Matrix" simply because its such an oustandingly super, mind grabbing film.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be able to live, breathe and work in a super dream world, a realm of software? Well The Matrix shows us exactly what it is like. With its awesome plot, intelligent technology and outstanding special effects.
The Matrix is a superb film set in the early 22nd century. Where computers literally rule the world. A computer-generated world has been created to imitate life as we know it. A crew of ‘Gifted’ saviours are on a mission to save mankind and find ‘The One’ (Keanu Reeves). Morpheus, the group leader, is convinced Neo (Keanu Reeves) is ‘The One’. Morpheus introduces Neo to the real world where they are on a constant mission to free humans from ‘The Matrix’ and to bring out the super powers that Neo possesses. But there is strong resistance from the ‘Agents’, the protectors of ‘The Matrix’. Morpheus trains Neo, who eventually finds himself to be a powerful awesome being with the strength to overcome the super strong Agents.
Neo wakes up to find a mysterious being is writing to him via his computer. It tells Neo to follow the woman with a white rabbit tattoo. So he did. He finds himself in a club talking to Trinity. His aim, to find out what the matrix is. Neo believes that he is in the real world, but when Trinity takes Neo to see Morpheus, Morpheus reassures him that he can show Neo exactly what ‘reality’ is. Neo was given the option to take a red pill or a blue pill. The red pill would show Neo the real world, in which Morpheus and his group of freedom fighters live. The blue pill would take Neo back to his home and return everything go back to normal. What pill would you choose? Neo chose the red pill. He finds himself in a big stasis pod full of red goo with cables attached to him. The cables detached themselves and he goes flying down a chute into the depths of the real world.
Neo and the group meet, they explain to Neo what’s happened to the world and take him into ‘The Matrix’ in order to convince him he’s ‘The One’. Morpheus guides Neo through some training, gradually giving him confidence. Cypher betrays the group, killing most of the freedom fighters, Apoch, Switch and Dozer. He injures Tank, but Tank manages to survive the sabotage-shooting Cypher, dead. Morpheus is taken hostage by the Agents. They demand that he is to hand over the codes for the Zion mainframe so that the Agents can reach and ultimate power. Neo and Trinity come out of The Matrix and watch Morpheus struggle to live. They both go back in, loaded with heavy weaponry to rescue Morpheus. Neo eventually rescues Morpheus and assumes the mantle of ‘the one’. This vision turns into code and the Agent approaches him, the Agent loses the fight and runs away because Neo is so strong and powerful with super fast reflexes. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wouldn’t mind having powers that Neo possesses!
Now, onto the Kung Fu scenes, these scenes were brilliant. The characters had to train for many months with a Kung Fu master, Yuen Wo Ping. There is a scene when Neo fights Morpheus in the matrix, to try and show Neo what he is truly made of. It is a test of speed, agility and mind control. At first Neo is slow but he gradually gains self confidence and his reflexes are quicker. This ‘King Fu’ style fighting is used by the three main characters throughout the whole film, Neo, Morpheus and Trinity. It is also a unique vision, dreamed by the directors in order to make a super futuristic fight scene look fantastic. Could you learn Kung Fu in five months and be as fast as they are? Job well done to them, I think.
The special effects in this film are phenomenal. They define the film and are yet so real that they could easily be overlooked. The special effects give the film a great appeal and turns it into an award winning legend. The film has many special effect moments but has 3 or 4 major events.
One example of Gaeta’s superb special effects is when the police barge into room 303 in an old, almost derelict hotel. Trinity puts her hands on her head, ready to attack. The policeman makes his move, ready to handcuff her, but she resists and jumps up into the air in a kick position. The camera circles Trinity whilst time has stopped. This suggests that Trinity has super powers and moves very fast because the policeman is just standing there. The slow motion, also known as ‘Bullet Time’, stops and returns back to normal time where Trinity thrusts her foot into the policeman’s stomach knocking him into the wall.
A further example of Gaeta’s brilliance is seen when Keanu Reeves and an Agent battle it out in an underground station. They both run up a pillar and grab each other in mid-air. Bullet time initiates and time stops. They both fire their guns and the camera rotates around them 360 degrees showing the bullets trailing, flying past each other. Then time returns to normal time when they both hit the floor with the guns held to their heads and no bullets left.
All these immensely satisfying moments were created using the ‘Bullet Time’ method. This is when the actor is strapped to a harness, against a bright green background, with about one hundred and twenty still picture camera’s surrounding the actor 360 degrees. All these camera’s take one picture each with about half a second delay between each camera. Therefore capturing the actor in motion but without having to use a video recorder. The images are then interpolated and made into an animation. It can then be edited at anytime and can be sped up or slowed down. This allows us to see an active sequence from any angle and at any speed in a way that has never been achieved before.
Now onto the references. To me, ‘The Matrix’ is related to ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Alice was always lost and shifted between made up worlds. This is related to ‘The Matrix’ because in The Matrix the characters are in and out of the ‘real’ world constantly. Alice in Wonderland is a maze, a made up world which seems real to Alice, yet it isn’t real. The Matrix follows the same idea. At first Keanu Reeves follows a woman with a white rabbit tattoo, same as Alice, except she follows a white rabbit, an animal. Alice’s scenery and whereabouts change often, so does the environment and characters in ‘The Matrix’. ‘The Matrix’ and Alice in Wonderland are outstandingly similar.
‘The Matrix’ truly is a worthwhile film. Buy it or rent it, because you really won’t be disappointed. If you do not wish to buy it, at least have the decency to rent it!
‘The Matrix’ warns us of futuristic failure. I believe that the future could turn out ravishingly disturbing, as the films, including ‘The Terminator’. ‘The Terminator’ was an outstanding film, showing us what the future could be like. Earth is obliterated with machines taking over and becoming increasingly independent. A future where humans are out of the loop, and rely solely on computers to do things for them. Would you like to be ruled by a robot or taken over by AI? I know I sure wouldn’t!
Its simple to say that ‘The Matrix’ is a superb film with great, never achieved before, special effects and amusing storyline which has you thinking at the beginning “What the hell is going on? I’m so confused!”.
Anyone with half a brain will understand just exactly what I’m going on about!
The characters are great, act brilliantly and each have their own story to tell. Even if Cypher is rambunctious!
So get into you local movie shop and buy or rent your copy today, you’d be stupid to miss out!

Cheers,
I just wanted you guys to hear me out. I had to get this off of my chest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.