GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone good at Adobe Photoshop?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
Go to this: [URL]http://www.wise-d.net/pstut=effectivelayout.php[/URL]
scroll down to step four and to where it says Gradient overlay and Stroke.
What the hell is he talking about in the brackets?!
I'm left with the opposite of what his screenshot looks like.
Tue 03/08/04 at 17:29
Regular
Thanks mjswerve person .. by the way I didn't need to use Gradient Overalay for the header but i'll give it a go.
Tue 03/08/04 at 10:20
Regular
Sniper you silly moo, I know its bad english, despite the author no doubt being english, but this is what he means:

Press ctrl+d to deselect. Goto layer>layer style>blending options then gradient overlay and then stroke (use the same settings for gradient overlay and stroke on the bar for the navigation, as you did for the header)

Ok, its not perfect, but basically you need to simply use the same settings for the gradient, and stroke, that you previously used for the header.

i.e

Gradient
[URL]http://www.wise-d.net/Previews/tutorials/effectivelayout/effectivetlayout3.jpg[/URL]

Stroke
[URL]http://www.wise-d.net/Previews/tutorials/effectivelayout/effectivetlayout4.jpg[/URL]

Could of just asked me on irc you know :P
Mon 02/08/04 at 18:45
Regular
It's the programmers at Adobe, y'know. Imagine one of the many design meetings:

Team Leader: "Right, how shall we implement the feature for use? A simple dialog box with settings?"

Coder: "Sure, we can do that."

Coder 2: "Or, we can nest it under several settings under different headings... that way they can experience what a headache is..."

blah blah, etc.
Mon 02/08/04 at 18:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Lipe wrote:
> Photoshop is really hard. I'm just getting to grips with it myself.
> It's so much more advanced than paint,

if it weren't, i'd be hard pressed not to laugh at the price of it... and it already raises a dry smile :)
Mon 02/08/04 at 17:22
Regular
I don't understand this part: (use the same settings for gradient overlay and stroke on the gradient bar for the navigation that your making now as the header).
Use the same settings for Gradient Overlay and Stroke (I know where they are) on the Gradient bar?! That's what I'm doing..
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Freeola Support"
The site says

Step 4: Make a new layer select the rectangular marquee tool and use these settings. Make the rectangle and move it over to the left side of the layout right under the header, then fill it with the color #686868 even if it looks like it is already filled. Press ctrl+d to deselect. Goto layer>layer style>blending options then gradient overlay and then stroke (use the same settings for gradient overlay and stroke on the gradient bar for the navigation that your making now as the header). duplicate the layer and select the move tool and push down on the down arrow key on your keyboard for around 5-7 seconds.

these are settings for the actual layer, right click the layer in question and click blending options and you should see these two options listed.
Mon 02/08/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Photoshop is easy. Just use the 'layers' window to keep tabs on everything you're doing.
Mon 02/08/04 at 02:08
Regular
Photoshop is really hard. I'm just getting to grips with it myself. It's so much more advanced than paint, perhaps that's why we find the jump from one to the other so hard :/
Sun 01/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
"you've got a beard"
omg wtf lol wrote:
> Ha, easy.
>
> Not telling you though, coz youre a clown.

yeah, cos YOU'VE never asked for help on these forums before have you?? :P

just tell him dude, don't be lame...
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:53
Regular
It isn't too bad just that I need tutorials that make sense..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.