GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just been thinking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/08/04 at 01:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Touch wood that this won't happen

*touches wood*

(no jokes please children)

Anyways...imagine if something happened to you, would all the people you talk to be notified of your death?

All my friends will know, but people i talk to online won't ever find out.

Is there anyone you talk to in secret who would never find out if you died or not?
Sun 01/08/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Teal'c"
Very_Metal wrote:
> ~Darling~ wrote:
> And no one wud want to clone me..i am a one off
>
> surely being a 1-off would be all the MORE reason to clone you
> Darling? :)

Pfft.
Sun 01/08/04 at 11:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
2 things occur:

1)

~Darling~ wrote:
> My bras are hardly giant
>
> And no one wud want to clone me..i am a one off

surely being a 1-off would be all the MORE reason to clone you Darling? :)

and 2)

Ashley wrote:
> no i am imagining you and a rather huge joint being puffed in front of
> your computer in some army surplus gear

for some reason the inclusion of "army surplas gear" made me chuckle :)
Sun 01/08/04 at 10:36
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
That's quite a scary thought. There are a lot of my IT Contacts / Friends I talk to on MSN. None of them would ever know if I passed away. I would just never go online again.

Come to think about it, there was this photographer dood I knew. I was doing a website for him, then about a year later I got an email from his wife saying he had died in a car crash about 11 months before I got the email. So all that time, I'd been emailing a dead guy :(.
Sun 01/08/04 at 10:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Assuming I died in the house or something, my mates would find out when they try to call me, my work mates would find out at work from my manager (someone would call up to say I'll never be back to work, oh yes) my old college mates would probably never know, since I only talk to them on MSN, and you guys would never find out, unless it was on the national news (let's say I got blown up) and you recognised me from my various photos on SO.

Woo!
Sun 01/08/04 at 04:36
Regular
"Bicycle"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> This has a simple solution.
>
> I always carry a 'If you're reading this I've died..' note on me,
> detailing the most important things I wish done should I die.
>
> Easy to make and update, it's surely a must in todays society.

I always think if I'm going out in a dodgy area I'd rather have a note like

'If you're reading this, either you're a right w!nk!r who just killed me / mugged me / rapped me or your the police. Either way, don't open it, it's too special for you unwashed hands.'

Imagine the friends you'd be making, after you died!

That and having a will with more money than you have, as well as requests.

'To my wife: Please turn off the kettle and the oven. I think there's fifty pence behind the sofa.'
Sun 01/08/04 at 04:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ooooh...

Web-Francise oppurtunity here.

The Obituaries site :D. You pay a small ammount each year, and give your phone number. If you dont call two months in a row, you're classified as 'dead'.

:D
Sun 01/08/04 at 04:15
Regular
This has a simple solution.

I always carry a 'If you're reading this I've died..' note on me, detailing the most important things I wish done should I die.

Easy to make and update, it's surely a must in todays society.
Sun 01/08/04 at 03:33
Regular
"8==="
This is a notice from Deathmailer 2000 registered to a Mr H Edfix.

Mr Hedfix appears to have passed away peacefully in his sleep, rumours of the fascist Bush organisation being in anyway related to his death are entirely unfounded and down to pure speculation.

That is all.
Sun 01/08/04 at 02:37
Regular
Nah

I don't drink/smoke/do drugs.

I'm just tired and have a vivid imagination.
Sun 01/08/04 at 02:33
Regular
no i am imagining you and a rather huge joint being puffed in front of your computer in some army surplus gear

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.