GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Auto - complete problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/08/04 at 00:10
Regular
Im using windows xp home edition and the auto - complete feature does not appear to be working.
It will complete older email addresses etc but in the last few months I have sent email to a few new addresses and I have to fill in the full address each time.

Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome

Thanks
Tue 03/08/04 at 00:33
Regular
Cheers mates! I appreciate the replies and will try something new but if I get stuck------- be warned--------- Iwill be back for more advice.

Thanks again
Mon 02/08/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can disable that though. All browsers have an option in the preferences to set it as the default, so you can have multiple browsers installed at once and use whatever you like, if you want.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Freeola Support"
People have different tastes, quite a lot of people are using mozilla.
Normally you can open Internet Explorer and it will ask if you want to make it the default browser if another browser has taken the defaults.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No problems at all.

You can leave IE on your system. Not sure why you'd want to go back after experiencing Firefox, though.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
muffler wrote:
> Thanks to all.
>
> Next stupid qustion --- if I install Firefox or opera and either dont
> like it or if I thought IE was better is there any problems in
> reverting back to IE?

No problems at all, firefox does not write over the top of IE so you can simply double click your internet explorer whenever you want to use it again.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:13
Regular
Thanks to all.

Next stupid qustion --- if I install Firefox or opera and either dont like it or if I thought IE was better is there any problems in reverting back to IE?
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
When you install Firefox, you're asked if you want it to be your default browser. If you press yes, all links you open (from your E-mail client, etc) will open in Firefox. Anything that would normally trigger IE goes to Firefox. As for E-mail, if you click an E-mail link in a web page (in Firefox), it will open your E-mail client just as IE ever did.
Sun 01/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Freeola Support"
You can just simply download a new browser and run it as a normal program.
Sun 01/08/04 at 14:10
Regular
Thanks guys for the replies.
The majority of you appear think that Internet Explorer isn't the best.

If I change now what effect would that have on my email and web browsing etc.
How do you replace IE?

Stupid questions probably but I'm a bit of a novice and would welcome all good advice
Sun 01/08/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its in the properties of IE under Content, in the Personal Information section, you cant miss it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.