GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"System exhaust fan.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 21:05
Regular
I've bought an Exhaust fan due to the fact that it's getting hotter and hotter and that will obviously sit in a spare PCI slot but I'm not sure where it is best placed?
I have one spare slot right next to the Radeon and another after that.
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Back For Good"
I'd put it as near to the VGA card as possible. Exhaust fans are designed for this.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:09
Regular
Well I just put it 2 slots away from the GFX card and moved the soundcard to the last all in all the Case Fan seems to have to do less work than usual the exhause fan is blowing out all the air from the GFX card so the case fan can concentrate on blowing out the hot air from the RAM, Drives and CPU.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Freeola Support"
I'm not to sure as one I had (which burnt out after a while) I could unhook the exhaust and turn it over.
Mon 02/08/04 at 11:23
Regular
Also most of these exhaust fans actually have the fan on the under side so putting it next to the Graphics card will only give it a barrier, you would probably be better off putting an 80mm fan in the front and back of the case and have it ducting like that. i found the PCI exhausts not to work very well at all.

Colin
Mon 02/08/04 at 01:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah. I guess the only real way to know is to test it.
Mon 02/08/04 at 01:31
Regular
So your saying I'd best put it in the slot next to the GFX card, but putting it another slot up would be just as good?
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I would mount it one down from the graphics card, as at that range both fans will work against each other - and the extractor will probably win, eg. cooler air, but less air pressure around your GPU. Give it a slot's space and you'll have a nice pressure gradient in the middle of the exhaust and GPU, so your GPU fan will have a nice supply of fresh, non-competetive air.
Sun 01/08/04 at 14:51
Regular
Yea exactly rather than it having to be blown out through the case fan.
Sun 01/08/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Freeola Support"
well if it one of the fans I am thinking of [URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG1664_slot_fan_for_pc_1_.html[/URL] air blown down from the graphics card can then be chucked straight out the back of the pc
Sun 01/08/04 at 13:52
Regular
Yea I just want to take a bit of the work load off the case fan.. might be a good idea if I placed it next to the graphics card.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.