GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kill Bill - Boxset"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Didn't bother buying Kill Bill Vo.1 becuase I wanted to wait for the overall box set with Kill Bill Vol.2 and some great special features. But does anyone know when the boxset is due out, if it aint due out soon I might just buy em both on their own plus I still haven't seen Vol.2

So anyone know when its out, and will you be getting it?
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
"cachoo"
Cool ! There's a few versions of that which keep popping up on eBay that are selling for stupid amounts of money. And, yeah, I think they had to black-and-white it out to get it past the censors or something, else it couldn't be shown on the screen 'cos of too much blood/gore/violence, whichever tickles your winkle. There's someone here who mentioned it more and was pretty interesting.
Can't understand that though, surely there are far more films which are much worse than that scene. Hows about Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Then again, that got banned as a whole.. Heheh. :)

I love hearing people talk about it still when they say, "I wonder why that scene was in black and white!".
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:59
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Apparently buying the boxset is the only way you can see the massacre scene (the one thats in black and white) in full colour, something to do with censoring laws.....:s
Sun 01/08/04 at 14:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Tarantino wrote and sold the script for True Romance, Tony Scott (Ridley Scott's brother) directed it.
Sun 01/08/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Killbill 1 was crap in comparison to the likes of Pulp Fiction, True
> Romance and Resivior Dogs. No one will ever be able to beat the
> random converssation at the beggining of Resivior (sp?) Dogs.
>
> "What do you mean you dont tip?"

Thought Tarantino only wrote True Romance, or did he direct it too
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ashley wrote:
> dunno, but 2 was a huge disappointment, i didn't want a tonne of
> moronic violence but I also didn't want tarantino jisming all over
> himself, trying to recreate pure random conversations of former cool
> films and failing. It might have been a bit better as one film but 2
> was poor, i really wanted to like it, but it was trying to be cool
> and philisophical and didn't manage it.

I think the trouble with Kill Bill 2 was that it felt like the ass end of Kill Bill 1 with about an hours worth of unnecessary footage that just seem to drag the story on and on. The whole bit with Budd in the strip club, how we get to see the sad and pathetic the life he leads compared to his brother, I don't know whether it was meant to gain some sympathy for his character or just build up some history, either way Tarantino could have said the exact same things in half the time and saved on the dullness.

I did enjoy Volume 2, but I’d have enjoyed it more had some of the scene not carried on for as long as they did, dragging on unnecessarily. The burying alive and training with old Chinese warrior bits where great though, if volume 2 had have packed with more of that it’d have been great.
Sat 31/07/04 at 22:06
Regular
I thought pulp fiction sucked ass. I guess I was expecting something else but that just rambled on for about an hour and a half about crap and then I turned it off. It had no story and it was as boring as s**t. Kill Bill is Tarantino best film by far, up their with reservoir dogs.
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Killbill 1 was crap in comparison to the likes of Pulp Fiction, True Romance and Resivior Dogs. No one will ever be able to beat the random converssation at the beggining of Resivior (sp?) Dogs.

"What do you mean you dont tip?"
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
kill bill 1 was good, I love the part where the 88s get their arms and legs chop off. kill 2 was terrible
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Woo-hoo, it does look sweeeeet

thanx for that NY, think i'll hold fire till then
Sat 31/07/04 at 21:20
Regular
dunno, but 2 was a huge disappointment, i didn't want a tonne of moronic violence but I also didn't want tarantino jisming all over himself, trying to recreate pure random conversations of former cool films and failing. It might have been a bit better as one film but 2 was poor, i really wanted to like it, but it was trying to be cool and philisophical and didn't manage it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.