GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES 4"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:47
Regular
Excellent game and everything but they need to do away with the player mood crap. I mean - what's the point?

Whether you're losing or winning will affect how you play anyway - it's not fun to have an infuriatingly incompetent team of players when you're struggling to come back after conceding a goal.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I'm crap at it unfortunately ;(
I just got hammered 4 - 0 by this German begger!
Mon 07/02/05 at 00:29
Regular
"no nonsense"
plus

i bought a max drive and all the club teams have proper strips and every player on the game has a correct names. not that this is any way changes the gameplay.

i onyl bought this because my own option file was damaged and i lost everything i had won (which was everything!) anyways, now i have all proper stadiums and strips including sponsors like o2 etc and the nike umbro adidas signs.

this game really is 10/10
Mon 07/02/05 at 00:27
Regular
"no nonsense"
i love the game too, it is so good. anyone wants a game add me

gamertag - dr sanders
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:13
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by player moods (is it the thingy under the
> name label?) but my team all want to play to win!

Depending on how the game pans out your players will change their mood i.e. how aggressively they play.

This is supposed to give games that extra nudge towards realism, obviously being based on how players in real life will have their morale turned upside down at several points during a game depending on who scores and whatever else happens.

It's a stupid idea because it assumes that humans aren't in the loop at all - in other words, ignores how the gamer will feel anyway. If I start losing, it'll dishearten me enough to change my playing style sufficiently to provide a realistic experience - I don't need this amplified by sluggish AI and blunt tools.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:44
Regular
"8==="
This looks good now they've fixed the bugs.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Not sure what you mean by player moods (is it the thingy under the name label?) but my team all want to play to win!

Maybe I should read the HUGE manual to find out what that bar means...
Sun 06/02/05 at 13:49
Regular
"es argh"
Yus, it's a great game, but watch out for cheats on Live with their Mornar injuring skills.

Other than that, best football game out at the mo and Live matches are wonderful.
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The whole game is absolute genius, seriously.

There are few games that still excite me after months of continous play... actually, I'm sure that PES4 is the only one.
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I find that if I play lots of quick, passing football, the flow of the game becomes much more fluid, and the goals I score are better. It's an amazing game, much more detailed than it appears.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:47
Regular
Excellent game and everything but they need to do away with the player mood crap. I mean - what's the point?

Whether you're losing or winning will affect how you play anyway - it's not fun to have an infuriatingly incompetent team of players when you're struggling to come back after conceding a goal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.