GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need advise on morrowind GOTY edition"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition'.
Sun 06/02/05 at 09:24
Regular
"boom boom click"
Ive just bought morrowind and have been playing it about 2/3 hours and i usually fall in love with RPG,s of any sort (fable, finalfantasy sudeki, KOTOR and deus ex) but this is a bit boring please tell me it gets better soon real soon or your find my copy in your local game shop bargin bin!

Need a quick reply as im going shopping today!
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:36
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough.

Playing as a specific character can be fun. I played True Crime as Dirty Harry, Deus Ex:Invisible War as some random psychopath and various others that let me have the freedom to choose how to play.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:30
Regular
Hah.

I'm ashamed to admit that my character class is called Jedi.

I did a custom one and the name popped into my head. Not being able to think of anything better, I stuck with it.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:28
Regular
"8==="
But don't play it like a Jedi. ;)
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:19
Regular
It's actually fantastic.

The attention to detail and sheer scope of it make it one of the most monumental experiences in gaming to date. At first your character will be weak and slow, but in these early stages there is a sufficient amount of brain to make up for the lack of brawn.

Talk to people, accept simple quests - stuff like investigating murders or tax cheats. Follow the storyline, join some guilds and undertake some initiation missions - eventually you'll have enough money for some training and some weapons, and then you can rough it with some more dangerous missions.

Then the game truly opens up into the epic it is.
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:28
Regular
"8==="
You have to start somewhere.

What puts a lot of people off is the sheer openness of the game. This isn't some linear RPG.

Missions are a matter of taste, it's finding things on the way to mission objectives and exploring those things that's most of the game.

Build up your character, grab the boots of blinding speed (look up their location in a guide/FAQ) and you'll be better off.

and buy a few scrolls that teleport you away from danger to escape a fight you're losing.

The fighting's mainly stat based but you do get a choice of strikes, weapons and can mix things up with ranged combat, potions, spells and switching weapons during the fight.
Sun 06/02/05 at 18:11
Regular
"boom boom click"
hmmm good piont but the graphics, story, boring missions, lack of cash and slow gamplay not to mention crap fighting all make it too bad dont you agree! And you cant explore far because you meet unescapeable animals that kill you instantly
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:57
Regular
"8==="
There's loads to explore and multiple ways to develop your character. Explore and you'll find plenty of odd things.
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:55
Regular
"boom boom click"
fine then
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:48
Regular
Supposedly the game does get better, though I find it hard to believe.

You have to be able to stomach all that beardy speak to be able to stand any chance of enjoying it. Myself I just found it dull and unintresting, I guess if you dig the beard though then you might be able to find something to enjoy.

There's plenty of people that swear by the game and say it's a wonderful exprience that starts off slow.
Sun 06/02/05 at 10:48
Regular
"\\"
But erm... Doesn't your own opinion usually decide whether you enjoy a game ot not?

Moron.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.