GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mystery of the Nintendo GameCube!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/04/01 at 14:11
Regular
Ever wondered why The NGC is always so secretive? I bet That if we get all our information together, we can predict when it will come out and fairly how it will be like! We may even find some useful information in the Games and Hardware aswell! Come-on in and help us figure out The Mystery of the GameCube!!!
Mon 07/05/01 at 12:43
I would not be supprised if there are a few games allready finished at E3, after all Riqa, Resi Zero, Too Human, Dinosaur Planet and a few others were almost compleat before they got moved to Gamecube from other consoles.

Hopefully we will also get to see Panasonics DVD player which will also support Gamecube software
Sun 06/05/01 at 21:51
As for the stratagy games, they simply dont work without a keybord and mouse, you need hotkeys by the plenty and precision quick curser move-ability, only obtained by the mouse on a good solid surface, who here plays their consol at a table?
Having said that i would love for there to be a break-through that alows us have stratagy games on consols whilst retaining a reasonable degree of playability.
As for what we expect for the future of Gamecube, no doubt Mario, Zelda and the rest will make a comeback but in better graphics and we can expect them to be as inovative as usual. We can also look forward to a few gems from rare like Perfect Dark 2 (after dark??) and dinosaur planet.
Then of course you will have the new titles and charcters developed by 3rd party developers and perhaps a good new character from Nintendo (i know, unlikely)
and we will certainly be paid a visit by Pokemon who will pull in a bit more cash to help keep Nintendo alive.
Thanks to its internet connection I hope gamecube will follow in the footsteps of "Phantasy Star Online" and allow us to download extras for our games, imagine been able do download new levels for mario or perfect dark, or new cars and tracks for your favorite racing game. This is a possibility of endless games. hey with a bit of luck we may be able to make our own levels on a PC then download them to a cube, WOW!. this leads to the possibility of making our OWN games using engines of other games, just like whats going on with Unreal Tournament, Half-life and Quake 3 in the PC world. Now thats the stuff of dreams.
the wireless controler (wavebird) will change the position we play games in for ever! and no doubt in a years time sony will have coppied it.
Now that sega has made the wise jump into the software market we can expect some sega titles to apear on the Gamecube, characters like Sonic would take well to a Nintendo environment.
Im also quietly confident that the price of both the machine and the games will be refreshingly low, by the looks of the japaneese price tag it will cost much less that the PS2 did at launch, though by the time Gamecube is released both consoles will be a roughly the same price and with the PS2 having more games by then it could be a rough few months for Nintendo if they dont have an outstanding release line up (which i doubt will include Zelda).
Then we have the "dark horse" Bill Gates and his X-box,it's touch and go if it will be an expensive flop or a sucesful hit, im hoping for expensive flop (he should stick to the PC, doesn't he have enough money without destroying REAl game makers, what next microsoft housing?)
Im confident that the Gamecube will bring nothing but good times to Nintendo who lets face it deserve praise more than anyone else in the industry after all they started it all and have been entertaining us for years.
The future looks bright for Gamecube and in just 9 days we will get a glimps of it in action at E3, I cant wait!
Sun 06/05/01 at 16:09
Now lets get started, we need all the people we can get, post-in ANY information on the NGC that you have. When we have enough info, we will know EXACTLY what the NGC is going to be like! now get out there and surf on the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 06/05/01 at 16:05
You know what mystery, hardware, games, etc...etc...
somebody has to find out the REALLY DETAILED specifications
like if it will have any strategy games. the n64 turned out
not having that many games of the strategy, format!!!
come on people, use your heads!!!!!!!
Wed 02/05/01 at 18:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What mystery? It will be agreat new console from Nintendo, will be tiny, have new Nintendo classics along side the oldies, plus other companies input. No mystery that it will be great!
Sun 29/04/01 at 14:11
Ever wondered why The NGC is always so secretive? I bet That if we get all our information together, we can predict when it will come out and fairly how it will be like! We may even find some useful information in the Games and Hardware aswell! Come-on in and help us figure out The Mystery of the GameCube!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.