GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Robbery of 37p leads to 22 years in jail for kids under 15"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/07/04 at 13:23
Regular
Don't you think it's a bit harsh? In the UK you can get away with so much more and hardly get any jail time. The question on most peoples mind is, was 37p really worth it?

------
Robbery of 37p leads to 22 years in jail [URL]http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1038938.html[/URL]

A court in Turkey has sentenced six children to up to 22 years in prison for stealing less than 40 pence from two classmates.

The children, who at the time of the incident three years ago were aged between 11 and 15 years, were found guilty of theft and using threatening behaviour.

The court heard they threatened two children with a knife and stole 1 million Turkish lira - around 37 pence.

The judge ruled that the children had been old enough to realise what they were doing and its consequences.

After two years in custody the oldest children have now been sentenced to 22 years in jail with the youngest children given 10 year sentences. None of the children have been named.

They are appealing to the country's High Court.
------
Fri 30/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
Fri 30/07/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree, I'm a good little boy and would never get sent away. Then I'd be all safe.

Ha
Fri 30/07/04 at 22:04
Regular
Foreman wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> You could actually stab a few people with a knife in the UK and not
> get that much jail time.
>
> But in another country they would of had their hands chopped off.

In another country you'd be hung drawn and quartered.
Fri 30/07/04 at 22:01
Regular
When I read this, I thought, Hmm, sounds like something that would happen in Turkey.
Anf fully deserving.

That's your prize if you get 15 quetions correct in Turkish "Who wants to be a millionaire"
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:56
Regular
It's a shame that the 22 year sentance isn't used here in the UK.

It may be a pleasant walk through town, or a pleasant journey on the train, or a pleasant and easy life in general.

But instead I have to put up with lazy townie gits spending my money on drugs and fags becuase they couldn't keep their knickers on and/or wanted a free home. I have to put up with their disgusting behaviour, their dodgy walks and the word, "Brav"

That should get 22 years in itself!
Fri 30/07/04 at 19:26
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Ahem, I can distinctly recall a carjacking in England in which the three men that stole the car and killed the man driving only got 7 years. That means that they will be getting out in 3.6 years, this country is all up the left.
Fri 30/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> You could actually stab a few people with a knife in the UK and not
> get that much jail time.

But in another country they would of had their hands chopped off.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:09
Regular
Summary of the article, it's common to go over the speed limit in Germany, a truck driver beat up a motorist because he felt provoked(?!!?!) because the motorist was driving at the maximum speed limit. That kinda thing would really tick you off wouldnt it? ;D
-----
German driver beaten for observing speed limit [URL]http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040730/80/ez9a0.html[/URL]

A German truck driver has beaten up a motorist he believed was driving too slowly in a case of "road rage" in a country famous for having no limits on stretches of its motorways.

The trucker got in a fight with a car driver who had been slowing him down by observing a 30 km-an-hour (18 mph) speed limit in a built-up area.

Police in the western town of Bochum said the truck driver told them he felt provoked by the motorist "because he was actually driving 30 kph in a 30 kph area". The trucker faces an investigation and may lose his driving licence.
-----
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:56
Regular
"muhaha (Im laughing"
that means if i earned 36p more i could be a millionaire in turkey

YAY
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:55
Regular
"muhaha (Im laughing"
1 million Turkish lira = around 37 pence????????????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.