GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Image of the future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/06/00 at 20:45
Regular
The future of gaming nowadays seems to be heading towards better graphics and sequels rather than originality and gameplay. The TR series is at its 4th installment and it has hardly changed in gameplay, though the graphics have been refined. System shock 2 focus' mainly on graphics and the screen-shots of the PS2 for Britain only gives us an idea of how the graphics will look like. Sony and Sega know that as long as they 'leak' some news and screen-shots, then all the market will be kept happy. Just to describe the number of sequels there are, the list of sequels I have alone include TR2, GT2, Toy story 2,RE3,Cool boarders 4 and Syphon Filter2. If the market continues the trend of sequels and slightly better graphics, then gaming hasn't got much of a future, as the quality of games is decreasing, and living off liscences from the FA and Car Brands
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:47
Regular
I don't really care whether a games a sequel or not as long as it's good!

Remember Mario Bros on the NES? Then in Japan came Mario Bros 2, which wasn't released in Europe, but we had a not so good Mario game instead (A modified version is coming to the GBA). Lots of people, but not everyone, were disappointed at this, but not long after we got Mario Bros 3! This game was based on the orignal and was excellent! There weren't any moans about it being a sequel, nor were there many moans about the game itself! It's a classic which some people still play on their SNES's today!

The Final Fantasy games are all Sequels of the NES classics. Lots of people said how good FF7 was, and how they couldn't wait for FF8, however after a while, people thought it was just the same game with a different storyline. But still people are saying that Nintendo are gonna do badly because by the looks of things, Squaresoft aren't making games for the Gamecube.

I think people don't know their luck! Especially the younger generation! When I was 5/6 all I had was a ZX Spectrum 48K and a ZX Spectrum 128K. They had good games, however they took forever to load and the colors weren't too good. And if too much happened at once, the games would crash. One of my friends had a NES, and I loved playing on it. But now there's a choice of decent consoles, and most with loads of great games! There're 32bit handhelds, and 128 bit TV consoles and even better graphics and gameplay on the PC!

My advice is to stop complaining! If you don't want a sequel, don't buy one, however you could be missing out on some very good games!
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:23
yeh and its not always a good thing! (:)
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:20
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I have 2 agree that were running on sequels nowadays
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:15
Regular
Only one roost, and certainly not the important stuff.
Mon 05/06/00 at 18:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Because the casual gamer is only interested in graphics. They couldn't give a monkey's uncle if it played well or not. Sad but true. In an ideal world Sega and Nintendo would rule the roost.
Sun 04/06/00 at 20:45
The future of gaming nowadays seems to be heading towards better graphics and sequels rather than originality and gameplay. The TR series is at its 4th installment and it has hardly changed in gameplay, though the graphics have been refined. System shock 2 focus' mainly on graphics and the screen-shots of the PS2 for Britain only gives us an idea of how the graphics will look like. Sony and Sega know that as long as they 'leak' some news and screen-shots, then all the market will be kept happy. Just to describe the number of sequels there are, the list of sequels I have alone include TR2, GT2, Toy story 2,RE3,Cool boarders 4 and Syphon Filter2. If the market continues the trend of sequels and slightly better graphics, then gaming hasn't got much of a future, as the quality of games is decreasing, and living off liscences from the FA and Car Brands

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.