GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Sharp Shooter Pro Light Gun for XBOX"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/07/04 at 12:30
Regular
Yesterday i bought this gun. I played with it on The House Of The Dead 3, it all seemed to work fine, apart from the laser on the gun. When i look through the laser sighting i can see the red dot on the screen ok but when I shoot at the screen the bullet shoots on a different place from where the laser is pointing. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:10
Regular
Cheers for the help, I've got it working properly now, a mate had a look at it for me. :)
Thu 29/07/04 at 14:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Or at it's most basic level, laser sights on toy guns are useless.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Yes.

Real lasers on real guns are only accurate when the real gun is properly calibrated.

E.g on a sniper rifle the red dot projector is often below or above the barrel, so the gun sights have to be calibrated to that the make an allowance for that.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:05
Regular
Ok so what you're saying is that the laser cannot be adjusted?
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hmm, I'll try make the first two clearer.

Say you play the game sitting on a chair to the left of the screen. You have to hold the gun at an angle to shoot the screen. Until you calibrate it then any shot you fire is likely to go to the far right of the screen. When you calibrate it it makes up for the difference between where you are, and where the screen is. The laser is just a dumb light, so will shine forward, it does not get adjusted.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:45
Regular
Not really, but i made some sense of the last paragraph.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
The problem is this.

For the game you have to calibrate the gun before playing, you do this when the game starts. This makes sure that when you aim and pull the trigger your shot hits the point you aimed at.

BUT unless you are playing the game with the TV absolutely level with where you hold your gun (unlikely) then the red dot will not be pointing where your shots go. Calibrating the gun offsets any angle/height difference between you and the screen, but the laser just points forward.

To make it work you have to line up the laser on the centre of the target on the calibration screen, but this will then change how you have to aim in the game.

Does that make any sense?
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:34
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Kick the person behind you, and tell him not to shoot when your playing.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:30
Regular
Yesterday i bought this gun. I played with it on The House Of The Dead 3, it all seemed to work fine, apart from the laser on the gun. When i look through the laser sighting i can see the red dot on the screen ok but when I shoot at the screen the bullet shoots on a different place from where the laser is pointing. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.