GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"do you ever win on gameaday"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/07/04 at 11:28
Regular
"starsky"
wats the jizm
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

I never win. Except that one time for a story. Which needs a sequel.

Oh well.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i won with the first review i posted on SR :)

i've now retired with a rather good wining average ;)
Fri 30/07/04 at 15:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
coled_steel wrote:
> seems to me all the same people win, as if they've got big ties with
> SR.
> And walkthroughs seem to be the big winners, but the winning ones all
> look copied

Totally untruthful and wrong. Take my example. One of the most hated members of SR (and maybe still) - but I've won 6 times. That's obviously not because I'm Mr Popular at SR (because I'm not), but is to do with what I submit.
Fri 30/07/04 at 15:17
Regular
All the content is checked for copies, and about 80% of walkthroughs submitted are deleted because they are copied. We make absolutely sure submissions are genuine before awarding a prize.
Fri 30/07/04 at 14:34
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
coled_steel wrote:
> seems to me all the same people win, as if they've got big ties with
> SR.

The same people win because they know what SR want to see in an entry because they have been entering a while and always try to aim for that standard.

> And walkthroughs seem to be the big winners, but the winning ones all
> look copied

Walkthroughs will probably be most likely to win because I know I do and many others put lots of effort into them, which makes them stand a very good chance on that day. If you read 'How to Win' found on the Gameaday website you will see that even there it says walkthroughs are most likely to win if they are of a high standard.

"Another great way to win a Gameaday prize is to submit your own game guide or walkthrough! If you've written your own detailed guide to your favourite game, then you're in with a very good chance of winning! You are more likely to win by posting a walkthrough than through any other means."
Fri 30/07/04 at 14:28
Regular
"indecipherable"
seems to me all the same people win, as if they've got big ties with SR.
And walkthroughs seem to be the big winners, but the winning ones all look copied
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:21
Regular
I ain't heard no Brazilians - they're all cockneys.
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Romford Market is a jungle.

Oh I know. I do go there from time to time and Phil I live a couple of miles away, so I know - trust me. Just don't buy no marketstall CD's. :P
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's in Essex, therefore I'm sure there's quite a few 'Brazilians' in the market...
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:18
Regular
Romford Market is a jungle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.