GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Browser?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
What's the best? I've only ever used IE and Mozilla Firefox (since this morning) and the difference is amazing. Firefox is miles better... But are there others? Better ones?

(And don't mention Nets-whatever, it's disgusting.)
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Bicycle"
What's the best? I've only ever used IE and Mozilla Firefox (since this morning) and the difference is amazing. Firefox is miles better... But are there others? Better ones?

(And don't mention Nets-whatever, it's disgusting.)
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mozilla is my favourite.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:46
Regular
Stick with Firefox, t'is the best browser you can get.
Wed 28/07/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hm.. I find Mozilla is more useful for the power user. Remember Firefox is 0.9 and Mozilla is 1.7.
Wed 28/07/04 at 15:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I marginally prefer Opera, don't ask me why. Firefox/Moz are also excellent browsers.
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Freeola Support"
IE with Googlebar (a must for IE users!) and perhaps Opera
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Hm.. I find Mozilla is more useful for the power user. Remember
> Firefox is 0.9 and Mozilla is 1.7.

Thats a stupid statement. Mozilla is almost 2yrs older than FireFox so logically the versioning would be different.

0.9.2 is based on 1.7 but with all the pointless extras removed. I've never noticed to much of a different between the two and as far as "power users" go, I'd concider myself one too!

Personally when it comes down to size and speed FF 0.9.2 with the Developers Extention installed is my prfered option.

(still use IE for online banking and testing though)
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
"\\"
Firefox normally. But it keep crashing everytime i start it. So Mozilla at the moment.
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
fwiw, I also use Opera 6.1 for the Series 60 Symbian platform (Nokia 6600)
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Aoe wrote:
> Firefox normally. But it keep crashing everytime i start it. So
> Mozilla at the moment.

Have you installed an extension from a previous release? Had the same problem. To rectify, you have to remove all traces of FF including anything hidden in the Application Data folder;

(C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla\)

There should be a folder in there called FireFox, delete this after uninstalling and the reboot your PC and reinstall.

Remeber that FF cannot use any plugins or software from a previous version

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.