GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colour Blindness"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 13:01
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
I just had a phone call from a colleague asking about how to connect the plugs from the case to the motherboard, such as the LEDs and power, etc.

I proceeded to get a manual and told him which colour bits to put the plugs on. Sounds simple enough... rite? No he's blinking colour blind isn't he.

He is filling in for someone who has gone to cyprus for a few weeks, and is usually involved with the software set-up, so a bit of a newb.

I took about 40 mins trying to explain which pins to use with each plug... *bangs head*. Such a simple task... but noo..

Just out of interest and the whole point of this post. Can someone explain colour blindness to me :p?
Wed 28/07/04 at 15:11
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
that's why u get decent pool balls that are dots or stripes init.
Wed 28/07/04 at 14:19
Regular
One of my mates is color blind.

He has difficulty when we play Pool....
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Selected"
They're lying to you - don't believe a word of it. Actual colour blindness is where you see white people as black people and vice versa.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:21
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
Thanks. One of life's great mysteries solved. I should have thought to look in my A Level biology books :p.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Thanks, BBC.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Don't let me down"
To see colours properly, colour detecting vision cells, called cones, are needed in the retina of the eye. Three types of cone cell exist, each being sensitive to red, blue, or green light. If one or more of these types of cells is faulty then colour blindness results.

Colour blindness is hereditary and is usually due to an abnormal gene inherited from the mother. Genetic colour blindness only affects men.

Sometimes colour blindness occurs because of diseases such as macular degeneration or from side effects of medicines.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:13
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
What causes it? What's the problem with their eyes?
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It depends what kind of colour blindness...

And you don't see different colours at all. All it is is, is (is) that you have difficulty distinguishing between two colour when they're close.

Like red and green. If there's green on a bit of paper, and its shade changes to merge with red, it's hard to tell where they change and stuff.
Yus.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:10
Regular
"That's right!"
You see a different shade of the colour than other people, or an entirely different colour. Also, two shades of the same colour may look identical to you.
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Don't let me down"
WoopWoop wrote:
> yeah, but what do they see instead?
Err... same thing but with different colours isn't it obvious?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.