GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV on PC?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
wot are those TV on PC cards like, how do they work? cos i might get one!
Thu 29/07/04 at 23:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
The TV cards are great if you need one,

If all your getting it for is to watch TV on your PC get a cheap PCI one, As far as i know all have at least 1 Composite/S-Video input for any device like your PS2/Video and RF input so you can pick up Analog TV, Digital ones are availible too now, wouldn't mind one of them myself.
Cost next to nothing nowadays. Better off staying clear of the external ones if it's a PC.

If you want to capture video or pictures as well as watch TV i recommend a Hauppage PVR card, these are great value for what they do, up there with pinnacle cards but for a better price. I've seen both the 250 and 350 models and they're both great, it has a hardware MPEG2 decoder on board so you can capture long lengths of video without a high spec machine, (i use to need SCSI hard drives amongst other things) but these are great, I recommend the 350, has a radio on it and better connections. No good for games though as they're a 2-3 second delay :-)

Hope I helped
Danny
Thu 29/07/04 at 09:15
Regular
I got myself an avet tv DVB card which turns analogue into digital terestrial and it is just like watching a dvd, the quality is great and the recording is good also.

Colin
Wed 28/07/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
wot are those TV on PC cards like, how do they work? cos i might get one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.