GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"urgent help need for windows Xp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 11:27
Regular
i logged on to my computer this morning, to find that half of the desktop icons had disapeared and my background had gone back to the default picture. i then looked down the start menu to find that again half of the programs had disapeared. I looked in program file in my computer and all the programs are still there. But some of them arent working properly, e.g. msn, wont let me send messages because it come up with the messgae ..... was unable to receive your message. Every one elses desktops are fine. if any one knows what i can do or what the problem is i would be very grateful, thanks
Wed 28/07/04 at 17:40
Regular
cheers for you help, i did a system restore and its working fine now,problem sorted, thanks again : )
Wed 28/07/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Try re-enabling your username with TweakUI from Microsoft's powertoys section.
Wed 28/07/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Why don't you do a system restore if your not getting anywhere?
Wed 28/07/04 at 14:08
Regular
i just went through to the documents and settings, in my computer, it has all the screen names and another one called 'temp' i clicked on this and it has all the same setting as the screen name im on, and was created at the time i logged into the computer this morning, so i must be logged on to 'temp' but i cant see how it happened as i clicked the link to my screen name. any one know how to change it
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:59
Regular
thinking about it, it does seem like i have logged on as guest, cos i look in my pictures etc, and there is nothing there, but i i find my user name in documents and settings, i can access all of my pictures etc as they are all there. But there is one problem, the guest account is deactivated and when i log into it, it comes up as my account 'michael', so im not sure whats wrong. its as if it is on a different desktop, but still as my name. any ideas? thanks
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sounds like you've logged on as guest.
Wed 28/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
Er... Try running a spyware scan, or whatever Anti-Virus software you have.

Or/And run these;

[URL]http://housecall.antivirus.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp[/URL]

[URL]http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/[/URL]
Wed 28/07/04 at 11:27
Regular
i logged on to my computer this morning, to find that half of the desktop icons had disapeared and my background had gone back to the default picture. i then looked down the start menu to find that again half of the programs had disapeared. I looked in program file in my computer and all the programs are still there. But some of them arent working properly, e.g. msn, wont let me send messages because it come up with the messgae ..... was unable to receive your message. Every one elses desktops are fine. if any one knows what i can do or what the problem is i would be very grateful, thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.