GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Disk Errors."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/02/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
Whoa.

Was round at a mates, and, having waited about 5 minutes to play Disgaea (blue disk), got p***ed off. See, his PS2 has the dreaded "Disk Read Error" / Not decting the disk thing. So, us being quickly angered and hence motivated, we pulled out a Black & Decker drill and opened up his PS2.

:D

And then it all just went swimmingly.

So I can now fix PS2s... Which is great, as I have an old, I assumed broken, PS2. Which I can now nab back from the neighbours and iLink to my current one.

Scoooore.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
Whoa.

Was round at a mates, and, having waited about 5 minutes to play Disgaea (blue disk), got p***ed off. See, his PS2 has the dreaded "Disk Read Error" / Not decting the disk thing. So, us being quickly angered and hence motivated, we pulled out a Black & Decker drill and opened up his PS2.

:D

And then it all just went swimmingly.

So I can now fix PS2s... Which is great, as I have an old, I assumed broken, PS2. Which I can now nab back from the neighbours and iLink to my current one.

Scoooore.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:19
Regular
"8==="
So you just happened to have a drill on you? :S
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:59
"period drama"
Screwdriver, perchance?
I don't think drilling holes through the PS2 will do much good ... although I wouldn't be too surprised.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:21
Regular
"Bicycle"
No, there are the screws under the rubber feet.

Just use the B&D drill (with screwdriver bit) and out pops the weasel.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:31
"period drama"
Ahhh ... screwdriver bit.
Of course.

All I could find was a hammer and chisel.
Seemed to work well enough.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Bicycle"
Raaah!

Me go in wit hamma un' tongs!
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:41
"Super gamer"
how did you link your PS2's
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:42
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I once opened up my PS2. Well I say opened up I sort of threw it across the room. The same thing strangely happened with my Laptop but the doctors say im alright now.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:42
"period drama"
Just a few minutes with a deoderant can and a lighter, and that baby'll be wide open.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:44
"period drama"
Wink wrote:
> I once opened up my PS2. Well I say opened up I sort of threw it
> across the room. The same thing strangely happened with my Laptop but
> the doctors say im alright now.

What did they say to your mother after she did the same thing to your head?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.