GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to get a graphics card under £50 - can someone help me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/07/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I wanna get a graphics card for my computer so I can play decent PC games for once. My PC is almost brand new and its specs are really good. The problem is I dont have a clue about graphics cards and am limiting myself to £50 or under. Ive seen cheap ones selling here on SReserve but are they any good? Please help
Tue 27/07/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
ill go for that one then once i have money
Tue 27/07/04 at 20:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You can get a 9800 pro for about £140 these days. Good solid card.
Tue 27/07/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
ok cheers everyone for youre help, just wonderin what are the most recent graphics cards money can buy? Are there any good ones under £300?
Tue 27/07/04 at 12:58
Regular
I picked up a HIS EXCALIBUR Radeon 7000 yesterday for £15 to tide me over until my X800 XT is delivered. As someone said though, if you are wanting it for games then just forget about it until you have the cash, it really isn't worth wasting your money on something that is ultimately going to disappoint.
Mon 26/07/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
I too, have my own Graphics-card-conundrum.

I recently bought a 'Radeon 9550', but I am not sure if Simcity 4 will run on this graphics card.

Try somewhere like Amazon.co.uk, though.
Mon 26/07/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Looks like ill have to wait for my student loan then...
Mon 26/07/04 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
£50 for a graphics card is just a waste of money really, unless you get one of the older good cards 2nd hand, like a geforce 4 ti4600 or something.
Mon 26/07/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I wanna get a graphics card for my computer so I can play decent PC games for once. My PC is almost brand new and its specs are really good. The problem is I dont have a clue about graphics cards and am limiting myself to £50 or under. Ive seen cheap ones selling here on SReserve but are they any good? Please help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.