GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quotes of the month- got any?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 21:34
Regular
"indecipherable"
1. Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them? -- Abraham Lincoln
2. But who is to guard the guards themselves? --Juvenal (Decimus Junius Juvenalis) (55 - 130), Satires
3. Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words? --Marcell Marceau
4. Does the devil know he is a devil? --Elizabeth Madox Roberts
5. Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more? --Carole King
6. Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it to? --Clarence Darrow
7. For what do we live, but to make sport of our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen
8. How can you govern a nation that has two hundred and forty different kinds of cheese? --Charles de Gaulle
9. How do I know what I think until I see what I say? --E. M. Forster
10. How many times can a man turn his head, / and pretend that he just doesn't see? --Bob Dylan "Blowing in the Wind"
11. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was? --Satchel Paige
12. I must follow the people. Am I not their leader? --Benjamin Disraeli
13. If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger? --Thomas Henry Huxley
14. If absolute power corrupts absolutely, does absolute powerlessness make you pure? --Harry Shearer
15. If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I . . . And if not now - when? --Rabbi Hillel
16. If it's natural to kill why do men have to go into training to learn how? --Joan Baez
17. If the ends don't justify the means, what can? --John Maynard Keynes
18. If there were dreams to sell, / What would you buy? --Thomas Lovell Beddoes "Dream-Pedlar"
19. If you don't play to win, why keep score? --Vernon Law, pitcher
20. Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists? --Kelvin Throop III
21. Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? --Thomas Jefferson
22. The question is this: Is man an ape or an angel? I am on the side of the angels. --Benjamin Disraeli
23. To be or not to be that is the question. --William Shakespeare "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 1
24. Was she so loved because her eyes were so beautiful or were her eyes so beautiful because she was loved? --Anzia Yezierska
25. What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive? --Irv Kupcinet
26. What good are friends if they don't do you any good? --Anton La Vey
27. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up Like a raisin in the sun? . . . Or does it explode? --Langston Hughes
28. What if they gave a war and nobody came? --Carl Sandburg
29. What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? --Matthew 26
30. What is history but a fable agreed upon? --Napoleon Bonaparte
31. What loneliness is more lonely than distrust? --George Eliot
32. What other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart. What jailer so inexorable as one's self? --Nathaniel Hawthorne
33. What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy? --Ursula LeGuin
34. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? --Dr. Robert Schuller
35. When a woman behaves like a man, why can't she behave like a nice man? --Dame Edith Evans
36. Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? / Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? --T. S. Eliot, The Rock
37. Who ever loved that loved not at first sight? --Christopher Marlowe "Hero and Leander"
38. Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself? --Thomas Jefferson
39. Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong? --Holly Near
40. Why is it when we talk to God we're praying -- but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic? --Lily Tomlin
41. Why was I born with such contemporaries? --Oscar Wilde
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:19
Regular
you remind me of a parking ticket, you've got fine written all over you - big brothers victor in the diary room. His chat up line.
Sat 24/07/04 at 21:34
Regular
"indecipherable"
1. Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them? -- Abraham Lincoln
2. But who is to guard the guards themselves? --Juvenal (Decimus Junius Juvenalis) (55 - 130), Satires
3. Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words? --Marcell Marceau
4. Does the devil know he is a devil? --Elizabeth Madox Roberts
5. Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more? --Carole King
6. Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to speak it to? --Clarence Darrow
7. For what do we live, but to make sport of our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn? --Jane Austen
8. How can you govern a nation that has two hundred and forty different kinds of cheese? --Charles de Gaulle
9. How do I know what I think until I see what I say? --E. M. Forster
10. How many times can a man turn his head, / and pretend that he just doesn't see? --Bob Dylan "Blowing in the Wind"
11. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was? --Satchel Paige
12. I must follow the people. Am I not their leader? --Benjamin Disraeli
13. If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger? --Thomas Henry Huxley
14. If absolute power corrupts absolutely, does absolute powerlessness make you pure? --Harry Shearer
15. If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I . . . And if not now - when? --Rabbi Hillel
16. If it's natural to kill why do men have to go into training to learn how? --Joan Baez
17. If the ends don't justify the means, what can? --John Maynard Keynes
18. If there were dreams to sell, / What would you buy? --Thomas Lovell Beddoes "Dream-Pedlar"
19. If you don't play to win, why keep score? --Vernon Law, pitcher
20. Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists? --Kelvin Throop III
21. Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? --Thomas Jefferson
22. The question is this: Is man an ape or an angel? I am on the side of the angels. --Benjamin Disraeli
23. To be or not to be that is the question. --William Shakespeare "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 1
24. Was she so loved because her eyes were so beautiful or were her eyes so beautiful because she was loved? --Anzia Yezierska
25. What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive? --Irv Kupcinet
26. What good are friends if they don't do you any good? --Anton La Vey
27. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up Like a raisin in the sun? . . . Or does it explode? --Langston Hughes
28. What if they gave a war and nobody came? --Carl Sandburg
29. What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? --Matthew 26
30. What is history but a fable agreed upon? --Napoleon Bonaparte
31. What loneliness is more lonely than distrust? --George Eliot
32. What other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart. What jailer so inexorable as one's self? --Nathaniel Hawthorne
33. What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy? --Ursula LeGuin
34. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? --Dr. Robert Schuller
35. When a woman behaves like a man, why can't she behave like a nice man? --Dame Edith Evans
36. Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? / Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? --T. S. Eliot, The Rock
37. Who ever loved that loved not at first sight? --Christopher Marlowe "Hero and Leander"
38. Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself? --Thomas Jefferson
39. Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong? --Holly Near
40. Why is it when we talk to God we're praying -- but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic? --Lily Tomlin
41. Why was I born with such contemporaries? --Oscar Wilde

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.