GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"City of Heroes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'City Of Heroes'.
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody read anything about this one, or got it?
Like the idea but it looks incredibly...well...fruity.
Wed 09/02/05 at 16:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Was almosy convinced to give it a go, but it aparantly lacks long term appeal so I gave it a miss. Some people like the game because it's easier to get into than most MMORPG's, others however dislike it because after the first few hours, it gets a bit boring.
Tue 08/02/05 at 20:07
"For the horde!!!!"
You can design your hero to look like almost any thing you want him/her to look like (robot,ninja,demon etc...) but there's no items like armor or weapons to collect although you can have armor as part of your costume and you can use a weapon as you attack but never expect upgrades to these weapons.

The good thing is it keeps some of the more funner elements of MMORPG's like massive groups killing giant monsters and forming guild type teams called super groups but like I said there's no items except enchantments (They improve skills) and there are only 5 archtype's to choose from, great game I think.
Tue 08/02/05 at 17:04
Regular
"\\"
I have it... It's shallow... Oh so INCREDIBLY shallow.

Don't expect it to consume your life like any good MMORPG does.
Tue 08/02/05 at 14:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
World of Warcraft Goaty, thats what you need.

Its not as beardy as it looks you know.
Tue 08/02/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=screenshot200501142147522ym.jpg[/URL]

Christ, there's no way on earth I can play this game.
You have Timewarp, I have Erasure in mine.
Just look at them dance. Dancing. In tights.
Nope.
Tue 08/02/05 at 12:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Might be pretty good, but it looks gayer than a Flash Gordon, the movie convention.

Someone posted some pics of characters dancing in a forum. All I could hear in my mind was the timewarp.....

:D

[edit] [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=117606&forumid=422[/URL]
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:46
Regular
Creepy joined the beta. He liked it. He'd be the best person to tell you, I'd imagine.
Tue 08/02/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody read anything about this one, or got it?
Like the idea but it looks incredibly...well...fruity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.