GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man utd defence"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/04/01 at 18:25
Regular
This is my idea of who Manchester united can buy to fill the defensive gap so he will replace Gary Neville. I don’t know there exact value so ive left that out but Ive got their current club and age. All of the first 11 are based in English clubs currently. Man utd have bought Ruud van nistelrooy and are rumored to be buying Kieron Dyer who is a midfield player so what better than to complete it by purchasing a decent defender.

Gareth Sothgate-age30-club Aston villa. - This player maybe thirty but he’s still got a couple of years a head of him and could be Jaap Stam’s perfect accomplice. Then again I wasn’t sure that he is better than Gary Neville so I thought I would scroll through other team’s websites and look for the best there is. Verdict- Although Gareth Southgate has had some England cap’s and his who Aston villa seem to rely on as a Sweeper I say that he probably is no worse but no better than Neville. Gareth Southgate should not join Manchester United.

Marcel Desailly-32-Chelsea-This player is the reason Chelsea don’t concede too many goals. He’s quick, he’s strong and he never gives up the ball on ground and in the air and these qualities are what make a world-class defender. His age should not put off any clubs and pay £10million for him and he will be there. Verdict-Marcel Desailly is a world-class defender and Alex Ferguson would be stupid not to purchase him. With his international cap’s he is one of the best in the premiership.

Franck Lebouef-33-Chelsea-This guy is Chelsea’s best defender. He towers over every striker who dares come near him and warns them off the ball effortlessly. He is excellent in dead ball situations and this is why he is often Chelsea’s first choice for the penalty kicks .He also is guaranteed a first team spot as a French international and at his home team. Verdict-Despite being 33 he has a lot of football left in him and would be another essential purchase for man utd.

Titus Bramble-19-Ipswich-This young player still has A LOT to prove but after establishing himself in England’s under 21 squad he has proved to be an exceptional player at Ipswich with a great head on him. There is no doubt that he will be in England’s main squad in a few years time. Verdict-Titus Bramble is a good player but maybe should stay at Ipswich for about 2 more years, by then he will be proven an excellent player.
Michael Duberry-25-Leeds-He has recently been involved in a court case and I know a lot of you will disagree with me for choosing him but I liked his playing skills and enjoyed watching him when he was at Chelsea. He hasn’t played recently but at the age of 25 I know he can prove himself once again. Verdict-Michael Duberry has been ignored and I would like to see him succeed.

Rio Ferdinand-22-leeds-He only just signed for Leeds for a massive £18million but the chance to play in a guaranteed Champions league position could sway his decision as it looks like Ipswich have stolen Leeds hopes. Rio can head the ball well in any situation away or towards the goal. His height has an advantage over every striker. Verdict-Rio Ferdinand has a long way to go in his career and will get many caps for his country. He has to go to an even bigger club than Leeds.

Sami Hyppia-27-Liverpool-For me this guy is the premiership’s best defender. He has speed, strength, height, cool hair and Skill on the ball. He is Finland’s best international and their team has success because he captains the whole team and does not put a foot wrong. He is one of many great players Gerard Houllier has recently bought. Verdict-Sami Hyppia is the premierships best and I am not being biased because I’m not a Liverpool fan.

Marcus Babbel-28-Liverpool-In my opinion Liverpool have the best defense in the premiership with Hyppia, Babbel and Henchoz at the back it doesn’t need much of an argument. Babbel is good and with over 40 German caps you could arguably say he is better than Hyppia. He has good pace and is very strong. Verdict- Is good enough to play for man utd.

Sol Campbell-26-Tottenham-This man is the best English defender simply because he does not back out of any challenge. He is very strong and even at 26 he is of the ability to captain England. He is recently heard of to be moving clubs and he said he wanted to move to a London club but if man utd put some extra wages in he’ll come runnin to old Trafford. Verdict-Maybe better than Sami Hyppia and if man u have any common sense they will discuss terms with Sol Campbell.

Now Ive got a couple of players that are based in foreign clubs.

Frank De Boer-Barcelona-Barcelona’s star sweeper is also Holland’s no1 choice in defense. He is a good choice for captaincy since he can lead the team well. He is good in the air, which means he is a good player to come up for or defend corners. Verdict-Frank De Boer should play for man u.

Roberto Carlos-Real Madrid-This man is the master of dead ball situations. If it’s a freekick or a penalty he is almost guaranteed to score. He maybe a defender but he pushes forward and scores amazing goals. Verdict-Alex Ferguson maybe looking for a right back but Roberto Carlos is a good choice and the red devils would succeed more if they have the flying brazilian on there team.

Every player I have mentioned is good but if you think there are players I should have wrote about tell me but obviously I could not do every player in the premier league.

Sun 29/04/01 at 20:31
"Moderator"
Also 'Khazar' if your talking about possibilities, Rio Ferdinand moving? no chance for at least 5/8 years.
Roberto Carlos Leaving the best club in the world?
Sammi Hyppia moving from a club which he joined only a year ago?

'(.)'
Sun 29/04/01 at 20:29
"Moderator"
The man utd defence is nearly perfect:

Silvestre Stam Brown Neville

Now the only change they have to make is replace Neville with Thuram.

Silvestre Stam Brown Thuram

Then they would have no trouble at the back.

'(.)'
Sun 29/04/01 at 00:17
Regular
Personally I think the best two Defenders in the World play in Italy. They are in the form of Nesta and Cannavarro. These players are rock solid and provide italy with a superb defense. But i reckon it would cost in excess of £30 mil to get both of them.
Sat 28/04/01 at 18:25
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
This is my idea of who Manchester united can buy to fill the defensive gap so he will replace Gary Neville. I don’t know there exact value so ive left that out but Ive got their current club and age. All of the first 11 are based in English clubs currently. Man utd have bought Ruud van nistelrooy and are rumored to be buying Kieron Dyer who is a midfield player so what better than to complete it by purchasing a decent defender.

Gareth Sothgate-age30-club Aston villa. - This player maybe thirty but he’s still got a couple of years a head of him and could be Jaap Stam’s perfect accomplice. Then again I wasn’t sure that he is better than Gary Neville so I thought I would scroll through other team’s websites and look for the best there is. Verdict- Although Gareth Southgate has had some England cap’s and his who Aston villa seem to rely on as a Sweeper I say that he probably is no worse but no better than Neville. Gareth Southgate should not join Manchester United.

Marcel Desailly-32-Chelsea-This player is the reason Chelsea don’t concede too many goals. He’s quick, he’s strong and he never gives up the ball on ground and in the air and these qualities are what make a world-class defender. His age should not put off any clubs and pay £10million for him and he will be there. Verdict-Marcel Desailly is a world-class defender and Alex Ferguson would be stupid not to purchase him. With his international cap’s he is one of the best in the premiership.

Franck Lebouef-33-Chelsea-This guy is Chelsea’s best defender. He towers over every striker who dares come near him and warns them off the ball effortlessly. He is excellent in dead ball situations and this is why he is often Chelsea’s first choice for the penalty kicks .He also is guaranteed a first team spot as a French international and at his home team. Verdict-Despite being 33 he has a lot of football left in him and would be another essential purchase for man utd.

Titus Bramble-19-Ipswich-This young player still has A LOT to prove but after establishing himself in England’s under 21 squad he has proved to be an exceptional player at Ipswich with a great head on him. There is no doubt that he will be in England’s main squad in a few years time. Verdict-Titus Bramble is a good player but maybe should stay at Ipswich for about 2 more years, by then he will be proven an excellent player.
Michael Duberry-25-Leeds-He has recently been involved in a court case and I know a lot of you will disagree with me for choosing him but I liked his playing skills and enjoyed watching him when he was at Chelsea. He hasn’t played recently but at the age of 25 I know he can prove himself once again. Verdict-Michael Duberry has been ignored and I would like to see him succeed.

Rio Ferdinand-22-leeds-He only just signed for Leeds for a massive £18million but the chance to play in a guaranteed Champions league position could sway his decision as it looks like Ipswich have stolen Leeds hopes. Rio can head the ball well in any situation away or towards the goal. His height has an advantage over every striker. Verdict-Rio Ferdinand has a long way to go in his career and will get many caps for his country. He has to go to an even bigger club than Leeds.

Sami Hyppia-27-Liverpool-For me this guy is the premiership’s best defender. He has speed, strength, height, cool hair and Skill on the ball. He is Finland’s best international and their team has success because he captains the whole team and does not put a foot wrong. He is one of many great players Gerard Houllier has recently bought. Verdict-Sami Hyppia is the premierships best and I am not being biased because I’m not a Liverpool fan.

Marcus Babbel-28-Liverpool-In my opinion Liverpool have the best defense in the premiership with Hyppia, Babbel and Henchoz at the back it doesn’t need much of an argument. Babbel is good and with over 40 German caps you could arguably say he is better than Hyppia. He has good pace and is very strong. Verdict- Is good enough to play for man utd.

Sol Campbell-26-Tottenham-This man is the best English defender simply because he does not back out of any challenge. He is very strong and even at 26 he is of the ability to captain England. He is recently heard of to be moving clubs and he said he wanted to move to a London club but if man utd put some extra wages in he’ll come runnin to old Trafford. Verdict-Maybe better than Sami Hyppia and if man u have any common sense they will discuss terms with Sol Campbell.

Now Ive got a couple of players that are based in foreign clubs.

Frank De Boer-Barcelona-Barcelona’s star sweeper is also Holland’s no1 choice in defense. He is a good choice for captaincy since he can lead the team well. He is good in the air, which means he is a good player to come up for or defend corners. Verdict-Frank De Boer should play for man u.

Roberto Carlos-Real Madrid-This man is the master of dead ball situations. If it’s a freekick or a penalty he is almost guaranteed to score. He maybe a defender but he pushes forward and scores amazing goals. Verdict-Alex Ferguson maybe looking for a right back but Roberto Carlos is a good choice and the red devils would succeed more if they have the flying brazilian on there team.

Every player I have mentioned is good but if you think there are players I should have wrote about tell me but obviously I could not do every player in the premier league.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.