GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola connection errors - anyone else with problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Greatful days"
heyhey,

Recently I have been getting the following errors when I try to access my forum.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'freeolaweb9.freeola.com' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database sr0269179
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

*the directory is all listed as one long sentence without a space between the sources/Drivers, but had to put a space because of this forums character limit.

I e-mailed support about it, recieved one back, replied to that and never got one back. Then the forum started working again. However, it's gone back to the same error again. I was just wondering whether anyone else hosted at Freeola, using Invision Power Board and the MYSQL service was having any problems with their connections? By the wording of the error, I get the impression that there are too many connections at Freeola's end. It certainly isn't high traffic ... like 2 people regularly use the forum lol.
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Greatful days"
heyhey,

Recently I have been getting the following errors when I try to access my forum.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'freeolaweb9.freeola.com' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
ERROR: Cannot find database sr0269179
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /freeola/users/9/7/sr0269179/htdocs/flash/sources /Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

*the directory is all listed as one long sentence without a space between the sources/Drivers, but had to put a space because of this forums character limit.

I e-mailed support about it, recieved one back, replied to that and never got one back. Then the forum started working again. However, it's gone back to the same error again. I was just wondering whether anyone else hosted at Freeola, using Invision Power Board and the MYSQL service was having any problems with their connections? By the wording of the error, I get the impression that there are too many connections at Freeola's end. It certainly isn't high traffic ... like 2 people regularly use the forum lol.
Sat 24/07/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
mysql_pconnect() usually causes this, although you don't seem to be using it, which suggest that someone else's websites are clogging up the link.
Sun 25/07/04 at 01:45
Regular
"Greatful days"
Turbonutter wrote:
> mysql_pconnect() usually causes this, although you don't seem to be
> using it, which suggest that someone else's websites are clogging up
> the link.

So it isn't my fault at all? Just someone else's site on the same server (I presume?) clogging up and stopping my forum from being accessed? If so, that sucks! What can I do?
Sun 25/07/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Write and complain.
Mon 26/07/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Freeola Support"
We already are aware about this particular problem with server 9, every time it is unblocked within hours it is once again blocked, we do need to find out what is causing this, I will try and get an update as soon as possible.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I bet you it's a mysql_pconnect issue. There's a query you can run to show current active queries, but the online manual appears to have died, so I cannot tell you what it is.
Tue 27/07/04 at 10:15
Regular
"Freeola Support"
I have been told this should be resolved by mid day, I do have pages with this example and working examples so I will be chaising if it is still not resolved.
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:52
Im having the same problem with my website, was just about to make a thread asking too! lol

Hope its sorted soon!
Tue 27/07/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Freeola Support"
This has now been resolved, if anyone does spot any more problems please let us know at [URL]http://freeola.info/request/[/URL]
Tue 27/07/04 at 13:05
Yep, cheers Afternoon...

Just noticed on my website its been resolved, cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.