GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hellboy - what the ???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Just seen the film (bought for £9.99 from a certain website, cos for some reason its released on DVD in the US and Asia and isnt even out here in the UK for ages) and what the "hell" is that all about? I only bought it because a.)It was cheap and b.)It had good reviews and went to number 1 in the USA. Dont get me wrong the special effects and load of extras, but there are parts in the film where u think "whats going on with the story", its completely random. The day before watching Hellboy i watched Spirited Away and that was even more messed up. I feel like Im missing something, as both films got rave reviews and I couldnt make sense of their storylines, and im pretty open minded.

Has anyone else seen Hellboy, so they too can confirm its utter crapness? And anyone seen Spirited Away cos I missed the part that won it an Oscar?
Thu 22/07/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Just seen the film (bought for £9.99 from a certain website, cos for some reason its released on DVD in the US and Asia and isnt even out here in the UK for ages) and what the "hell" is that all about? I only bought it because a.)It was cheap and b.)It had good reviews and went to number 1 in the USA. Dont get me wrong the special effects and load of extras, but there are parts in the film where u think "whats going on with the story", its completely random. The day before watching Hellboy i watched Spirited Away and that was even more messed up. I feel like Im missing something, as both films got rave reviews and I couldnt make sense of their storylines, and im pretty open minded.

Has anyone else seen Hellboy, so they too can confirm its utter crapness? And anyone seen Spirited Away cos I missed the part that won it an Oscar?
Thu 22/07/04 at 20:39
Regular
You know you mighy as well just say you got it from CDWOW.

LOOK EVERYONE HE GOT HIS DVD FROM WWW.CDWOW.COM!
Thu 22/07/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Oh my god u said the secret word! No-ones supposed to say it, no-one, no-one. But yes i did buy it from CD-WOW and what a bargain! and the DVD arrived before its USA release date!
Thu 22/07/04 at 20:44
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> Has anyone else seen Hellboy, so they too can confirm its utter
> crapness? And anyone seen Spirited Away cos I missed the part that
> won it an Oscar?

Spirited Away is a great film, one of many that have been made by Studio Ghibli, but sadly few are bothered to buy on DVD. Bear in mind that Spirited Away was aimed at the audience of 10 year old girls. Japanese girls.

I would recommend My Neighbour Totoro or Laputa; Castle in the Sky.
Fri 23/07/04 at 18:53
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Just watched Hellboy again, and it made more sense the 2nd viewing. There are still a few iffy bits, basically its The Mummy Returns but with a devilish theme instead. I guess ud know more about the story if you followed the comics, which I and many others havnt!!!
Fri 23/07/04 at 22:49
Regular
BA were showing it on flights to the UK, i tried to watch it but ended up changing it to 50 First Dates, which was class. THen I watched Shaun Of The Dead, but it had a few sound problems.
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hellboy - You gotta love the comic I guess. I found bits of it really good.. and other bits 'what the hell is happening?'

As for Spirited Away, it's a superb animation film! :)
Sat 24/07/04 at 14:11
Regular
I like Spirited Away. Got it on DVD.
Sat 24/07/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Yeah I did like Spirited Away, it was very engaging, I guess I expected something more in line with the Final Fantasy games.
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I got Hellboy today, can't see what's wrong with it. Very enjoyable action, superhero movie thingy, far better than I was lead to believe from reviews in the US.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.