GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do people think are the greatest games of all time?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/06/00 at 08:44
Regular
I'd like to start the discussion about what people reckon are the greatest games of all time in various styles. The ones i can think of at the moment are:-

1. Beat 'em ups
2. First person shooters
3. Platformers
4. RPG's
5. Sport
6. Puzzle
7. Point and click

If you can think of any more types of games feel free to add to the list.

Well anyway here are my favourite games for each style.

1. Street Fighter {all of em, there's too many to single one out}
2. Goldeneye
3. Mario 64
4. Zelda 64
5. Speedball 2
6. Tetris on Gameboy
7. Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis

Please add your list of favourite games below!

Cooky
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:55
Regular
It would of took you less time to write the list of 7 games!
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:48
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Sorry Cooky, but I honestly can't be arsed to think of 7 different games right now. And there are so many great games that could fill the shoes of 'Best Game Ever', I simply can't narrow it down to one game.
However, I bet I could name Wookie Monster's favourite game of all time - GTA3. Am I right? Put us out of our misery and reveal all Wookster! (I hope you don't mind me calling you Wookster). ;)
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:32
Regular
Cooky wrote:

1. Street Fighter 2 Turbo
2. Goldeneye
3. Banjo Tooie
4. Zelda OOT
5. Tony Hawks 2
6. Busta Move
7. Secret of Monkey Island
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:30
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> sorry to pick holes, but Mario64 is NOT a platformer, it is an RPG,

No it's not?

5 1080* SnowBoarding, my top score is, 4400+ on the half
> pipe!(N64)

and that scores pants

:P
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:26
Regular
Here are mine

1. Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros.
2. GoldenEye 007
3. Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World - SNES
4. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
5. ISS
6. Tetris

7. Point and click
what's point and click?
Fri 16/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Back For Good"
1. Beat 'em ups- Tekken
2. First person shooters- Doom (ancient but a classic)
3. Platformers- Klonoa (keeps the 2D plaformer alive)
4. RPG's- Final Fantasy
5. Sport- SSX (if it counts)
6. Puzzle- Bust a Move
7. Point and click- Broken Sword 2
Fri 16/11/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
So what's everyones fav games in these catagories then?

:)
Fri 09/06/00 at 19:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I always thought that a game was a platformer because it was a side view like bash bros, and beat em ups were street fighter...etc.
anyway a RPG(role play game) correct me if I am wrong but you do control mario and you do wonder around mushroom kingdom, therefore making it a RPG???? it's the same as ZELDA and I don't think this is a platformer, infact Zelda is more of a platformer than Mario,
I might have a couple of screws up in my head loose, but it's not as bad as what happens in your mum and dads bedroom! slim shady, don't ask me why I came out with that, I just like it.
Fri 09/06/00 at 14:46
Regular
7. I also think you might have missed a certain Monkey Island series out cooky (many others and I think these are the best point and clicks.)
Fri 09/06/00 at 14:43
Regular
I wouldn't call super smash brothers a platformer I would call it a beat em up. I would agree with cooky that mario is really a platformer. If you still disagree could you define the definition of a platformer and prove us wrong. (Quite a few magazines also describe it as the best platformer of all time.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.