GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where can you hear/find new up and coming bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 06:16
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
I was sitting at a bar one night when a band came on stage. I thought they were pretty good so i approached the "singer" and asked them if they had a cd. he said yeah but it will cost you $5. I thought no problem. Then I reached in my wallet and realized I barley had enough to pay my bar tab. I couldn't buy the album and I have never heard of them again. Does anybody know how I could try to track down this music. I did a search on their name but found nothing. Can anybody help me?
Sun 08/08/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
MP3.com used to be the place, but it is no longer available for that purpose. It has been replaced with another service, CNet Download, but I'm not sure if that aspires to the same standards. AmpCast is a similar service, but I don't use it so I am not able to comment on it. Otherwise, try listening to local radio, because your local stations may well accept payola songs from budding artists.
Sun 08/08/04 at 09:16
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
i tried downloading music from "this side up" (i think that is what they called themselves but their site didn't work what's up?
Sun 08/08/04 at 08:20
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
so no one out there can find unsigned music?? come on someones gotta know
Mon 26/07/04 at 21:11
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
switchfoot and defult are pretty good bands.
Mon 26/07/04 at 21:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
My kazaa is shut down so now I am on limewire, I found a few songs form hudson docks but not the whole album. Can I run some search somewhere with these songs and buy the rest of the album, because the songs I found aren't the ones I am looking for.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:17
Regular
"indecipherable"
Any body ever heard of switchfoot or default?
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:05
Regular
Kazaa.....

*shudder*
Mon 26/07/04 at 07:46
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
I found the name of the band they were "hudson docks". But I tried to find a web site and I couldn't. For "leagal" reasons the manager told me he could only tell me the name. He said they were scheduled for a one time gig in the area so I can't go back and see them, and I did a search on a couple of engines but nothing came up. What the hell do I do now?? Anybody got some advice?
Sun 25/07/04 at 07:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
thats a great idea thankyou. what are some of the great unknown bands you have seen live?
Thu 22/07/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Why don't you ask the bar manager for the contact details of the band he had booked on that night???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.