GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRO EVO 4: FREE KICKS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Wed 09/02/05 at 09:59
Regular
"HILLINGTON F.C"
HI ALL

Just trying to find out if anyone can help me with the free kicks in pro evo 4 can never hit the target any help would be much apprecitated.

Cheers Everyone

BAGGIO
Thu 17/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
"es argh"
To hit freekicks powerfully, like Bobby Carlos, I do the following:

Power to about the halfway mark or higher, push forward on the left analogue stick whilst the power bar is err... growing. Whilst the player is running to the ball hold left/right on the d-pad for curl (whilst still holding the analogue stick)

T'is a bit weird for the fingers
Thu 17/02/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Down, thats a very good tip.

I tried doing exactly that and since scored 3 freekicks and hit the posts a few times.

Weldone.
Wed 09/02/05 at 21:47
If you can't get them in, try this.

Aim at the side that the keepers at, so you have a direct shot at goal, with no wall in the way. Use a player with a powerful shot, accuracy, and free kick accuracy (obviously) but the most important is high Shot Power.

Player/Side of goal free kick is on.
Right-footed/Right - Aim just inside post.
Right-footed/Left - Aim directly at the post.
Left-footed/Right - Aim directly at the post.
Left-footed/Left - Aim just inside post.

Now hold the Up button and R1 and hold the shoot button to just under half power. Don't apply curl unless you're confident, and if one of your players or one of theirs is in your line of fire, wait until they get out of it. The Up button is the msot important, otherwise the keeper will make an easy save.

Try it. If you can't get it to work go back to your other system, but this works quite well, either going in top corner, hitting the woodwork and falling in the box, or the keeper pulls of a stunning save giving you a corner. Very rarely does it go wrong.
Wed 09/02/05 at 16:28
Regular
"HILLINGTON F.C"
You are bang on there Ashley_90 i myself think that all the fifa game are a load of crap and i have loads of reasons why pes4 is better.
Wed 09/02/05 at 16:01
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I've never scored a freekick in PES4, in FIFA 2005 they are so easy, as soon as you get a freekick you just know your gonna score.

Thats one reason why PES4 is better.
Wed 09/02/05 at 15:42
Regular
What Neo said is quite a bad description actually.

No matter where you are the meter should go about half way across, but just under.

Pressing down helps you to get the ball over the wall.

Pressing up smacks the ball, so aim at the net... not the wall coz it wont get over.

R2 is for a shot close to the net, like just outside the area and isnt very powerful.

R1 for powerful shots.

Left and right to curl.

Can always practice them in the training mode or whatever its called.
Wed 09/02/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ta AJ
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Im not sure if you can curl the ball when taking direct freekicks, I
> heard you can maybe use the R2 or L2 buttons at the top of the pad
> but im not sure? if anyone else knows then id appreciate if you can
> let me know.

Just hold left or right before your player kicks the ball, and it'll swerve accordingly.
Wed 09/02/05 at 11:13
Regular
"HILLINGTON F.C"
No man even in pro evo 3 had no hope of scoring or hitting the target from a freekick. Other than that i can wup anyone at pro evo 3 or 4 no worries man
Wed 09/02/05 at 10:53
"period drama"
Not as simple as those good old Roberto Baggio Magic Kicks now, are they?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.