GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fergie tells it like it is"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 10:13
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3912431.stm[/URL]

"Essentially ourselves, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will be ones challenging."

Fergie knows it. Liverpool will be challenging. I bet Rafa, Djibril, Mikey and Stevie are all sitting in a shady bar at the moment, smoking cigars and cackling.

"Rafa chief, Fergie has taken our bait."
"Indeed young Steven, now we need to put into action the second stage of our plan."
"What, buy Joe Cole and Christiano Ronaldo for £2 million each? And then tell Danny Murphy to grow some proper hair? And tell Igor Biscan to f**k off?"
"...Yes Djibril. Now tell Baros to fetch me another cigar."
"Can I have one?"
"No Michael."
Wed 21/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
United and Arsenal will be up there - for sure.
Plus, I'll be really interested to see how Thierry Henry does in this season; "the season after". Will he be anywhere near as influential as he was last time round? Surely, every team will be far more aware of what he is capable of - as they will Wayne Rooney (provided he sticks with Everton). Henry had a very poor Euro 2004, by his standards - and I'm not talking about France's 'early' exit, either.

I personally think United are in with the best chance. Arsénal's side won't be 'fresh' enough, for me. Where United have signed Alan Smith and Gabriel Heinze, with Rio Ferdinand coming back and Ronaldo maturing ever more - what have the Gooners done to maintain their hold?

I mean, you still have LEHMANN in goal (the other guy's only been signed as a back-up) - not that I'll complain!! ;D

For Chelsea, I can see it all being a lot like it was last season.
Another load of big-name, big-player signings trying to fit into the same team. People like Frank Lampard trying to improve on and outstanding past season to outshine the likes of Didier Drogba so eager to impress for their over-the-top valuations. Another strong run in the Champions' League could be on the cards - once they'll be better-prepared for, also.

Liverpool? Don't make me laugh! So what if you've signed Djibril Cissé? There's still an awful long way to go yet! After all, one-man doesn't make that-much of a difference - despite what everyone says about Henry and Arsénal. This is a Gerard Houllier mess you're clearing up, after all...! ;)

Newcastle still won't quite get there either. With people like Patrick Kluivert coming in though, they're bound to make some slight improvements. I wouldn't put it past them getting 4th place and a good FA Cup run with such a youthful squad - and they could even go on further, should Liverpool and Chelsea quite possibly lose that vital consistency neither side has really had for some time now.
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Has Beattie signed for them? I heard a while ago they were offering
> Shearer in part exchange... Shearer is going nowhere, there was talk of him leaving, if he didn't get first team football in his last season as a player. My bet is he will become our next manager by the start of the 2005-6 season.
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:33
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Anonymous wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> Can't believe nobody's mentioned Newcastles chances?
>
> What chances? Sherear - top goalscorer in the premiership? Kluivert - one of the best strikers in Europe? Surley we must have some kind of chance? There Gods!
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Has Beattie signed for them? I heard a while ago they were offering Shearer in part exchange... :s
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Insert Gently"
kevstar wrote:
> Can't believe nobody's mentioned Newcastles chances?

What chances?
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Newcastles chances? Reckon Man U will win followed by Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and liverpool will be fighting for the last Champions league place. Toon to just nick it.
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Colourless"
Vampyr wrote:
> moron-hio

....?

Lame.
Wed 21/07/04 at 12:02
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Vampyr wrote:

nope i reckon uniteddouble this year. moron-hio is too cocky and thw arsenal are too french.liverpool just suck
--------------

I agree. We should buy Francesco Toldo to give Stevie G a run for his money. Also, with Dudek starting to show his inexperience, we might have a final dip into the transfer market to see if Cantona is willing to take his place.
Wed 21/07/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
nope i reckon uniteddouble this year. moron-hio is too cocky and thw arsenal are too french.liverpool just suck
Wed 21/07/04 at 11:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh, its true though, and whilst I think that Liverpool will probably be the least challenging for the title, I certainly wouldn't put it past them. There's always FA Cup too.

Smicer is another you want to get rid of, in my opinion, Biscan I instantly agree with, he was awful last season.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.