GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky digital"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 01:58
Regular
This may be the wrong forum but its worth a shot in the knowledge that there are people out there willing to share or at least point in the right direction.

Anyone know how to get a reconnection to Sky digital at the usual first time low installation cost.

I had the sky service installed but cancelled it a few months ago as the digibox was fu****. Sky did indicate that they would send an engineer to fix it (3months guarantee only) or fit a reconditioned digibox for a fee of £65 sterling.

Now as we all know you can get a new box with 1 year guarantee if you are a first time subscriber.

So, if all you decent honest people out there know the answer then please spill the beans.

PS: I live in Republic of Ireland
Thu 22/07/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
muffler wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> The box kept "freezing" both sound and picture - but would
> improve gradually the longer it was on. If I was going to watch a
> live match I would had to have it powered on for about 3 hours and
> even then it would stick for a fraction of a second.
> A friend checked the leads and dish and said it was fine so it had to
> be the digibox.
>

Exactly the problem I and a few dozen others have, seriously, dont sign up again, its a waste of money!
Thu 22/07/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I live in Ireland muffler and my box is dodgy as well but tis not the box itself, its constant interference being picked up, and its happening all over the country. Sky have a serious problem on their hands here, youre wasting your time signing up again as youll only have the same problem as you had before.
Thu 22/07/04 at 09:13
Regular
get the sky digital minibox wihout sky sports or all the movie channels cos the main footie games are on terrestrial and you can buy the movies on DVD/VCR.
Thu 22/07/04 at 01:53
Regular
Thanks to all for the interest and replies.
I will have to do something shortly as the new footie season is just aroung the corner. Worse case here is that i will need a new or different digibox but that would be a lot cheaper than going to the local pub to see the matches.

One final question (for cookie monster) do you think that they would still repair or replace the box for £65 seeing as I cancelled a couple of months ago.

But before I do that I will get the missus to phone them and tell them I left her for another man (sounds better)
Wed 21/07/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
cookie monster wrote:
> I wish there were more people that thought like you.

I only think like that as i kinda work in the same line of work.. and i know what i hate.. so..
Wed 21/07/04 at 19:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cong_Woman wrote:
> Nah course i wont.. Never did do in my parents place.. crosses
> fingers.. At the end of they day.. things dont always work theres no
> point in getting angry

I wish there were more people that thought like you.
Wed 21/07/04 at 19:05
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Nah course i wont.. Never did do in my parents place.. crosses fingers.. At the end of they day.. things dont always work theres no point in getting angry
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If your Sky goes belly up, please dont shout at me on the phone.
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Umm.. just phone them or ask them on their website.. Finally im getting sky in my new house.. I have to get my priorities right.. Sky, internet then food.
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
muffler wrote:
> I could use my daughter in law's name but how do we overcome the
> issues of the telephone number, address, bank a/c no etc.
>
> Thanks again

Sorry mate, no idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.