GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dvd copy express"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/07/04 at 22:03
Regular
i am concidering buying dvd copy express to back up some home videos on dvd. i read about the dvd copying. I am just asking to confirm most dvd's copied, do they fit onto 1 disc, cos im not to keen about having to put a video on to 2 discs, thanks
Sat 24/07/04 at 18:24
Regular
cheers, for all the help guys, i have round, good software to rip and burn dvds. cheers for all yours advise and help.
Thu 22/07/04 at 03:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's worth noting that transcoding from MPEG2 (old and busted) to MPEG4 (new hotness) will often yield the 1:2 reduction in size you're looking for without any noticable loss in quality. I say noticable, and I really mean it, in that you specifically have to know *what* to look for before you can tell any difference. The only problem with this is you can't play back MPEG4 files on anything other than a computer or a DVD player which supports MPEG4 (which are rare, but I hear they exist).

It depends on what you want to do.
Wed 21/07/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
As a couple of us have said use DVD Shrink. It will rip the DVD into a few files which you burn using Nero. You can do 1 DVD to 1 DVD-R, but dont forget that retail DVDs are normally dual layer(8.5 Gb) where as DVD-Rs are only 4.7 Gb. So to get everything on the disc you may have to compress the video of the DVD which DVD Shrink does, or lose some of the video on the disc. You will not be able to get a perfect copy of a DVD until Dual layer comes out, it is out now but the discs are not and if you did get a Dual layer disc they are something like £6-7.
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:27
Regular
i really want to copy other dvd's. i know its illegal but i want to make copies of friends dvds instead of spending £15 a dvd. most dvd's are copy right i guess. and what i am looking for is software, to rip it and save it as one file (not split it into 2) and then burn it to dvd. dvd copy express sounds the closest thing to what i am looking for. but are there any other programs that you know of that are any better, and that work well. thanks
Wed 21/07/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Considered AutoGK?
Wed 21/07/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
>decrypter/dvd shrink combo

Best thing to use really if you want to rip a DVD. No point in spending £30 on a program that does no more than these 2.

With the orginal poster what do you actually want to do? As if its copying DVDs then just use what cookie has said. If its taking a old VHS or a camcorder tape or something then it will require a different program and possibly some hardware.
Wed 21/07/04 at 13:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
sum41fan wrote:
> alrite cheers, to test it i downloaded a trial, i know i shouldnt, but
> its what every one buys that program for, i put in a dvd and it said
> unreadable dvd or something like that. is that cos its copy righted.
> whats the program like aswell from people who have actually got it

No, the program is able to copy copyrighted dvd's otherwise it would be entirely useless, it does however put a 321 studios splash screen onto any copy that you make and it also royally screwed up About Schmidt. When i inserted the dvd into my player it started playing the extras instead of the title screen. Needless to say i went back to my dvd decrypter/dvd shrink combo, both of which are free of charge.
Wed 21/07/04 at 12:05
Regular
alrite cheers, to test it i downloaded a trial, i know i shouldnt, but its what every one buys that program for, i put in a dvd and it said unreadable dvd or something like that. is that cos its copy righted. whats the program like aswell from people who have actually got it
Wed 21/07/04 at 01:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.doom9.org

If you can post on an Internet forum you can work that lot out. You might just learn something as well.
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dont buy it, it's bloody awful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.