GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Premiership XI for this Season."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/07/04 at 20:38
Regular
Pretty simple, really. But I'm going to impose a few rules, because..well, I can. Just to make it a little bit interesting.

1.) Only 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formations, or variations of such. You need 4 at the back. This does not include Glen Johnson, who is technically a supporter in the stand opposite to his goal.

2.) Only players currently transferred i.e. Drogba has just signed, but Tiago has not (although why you'd want Tiago in your team, I don't know)

3.) Here's the thing. You cannot choose both the players I shall list(You can only pick one of them). This is to see who people rate in positions which will probably be contended for Best.. next season. You don't have to choose either of them, of course, but if you don't choose Gerrard or Viera you're either stupid or a Spurs supporter (only joking)

Drogba or Cisse (Best Striker Signed From French League)
Gerrard or Viera (Best Midfielder)
G.Neville or Ferriera (Best Right Back)
Campbell or Rio Ferdinand (Best Central Defender)
Chris Kirkland or Paul Robinson (Best Future British Keeper)
Bridge or Ashley Cole (Best Left Back)
Arjen Robben or Christiano Ronaldo (Best Young Upstart Winger type)
Duff or Giggs (Best Left Winger)
Scholes or Nicky Butt (Best Ginger person who plays for Man Utd)

4.) You can't pick Eidur Gudjohson. Hohoho.

5.) Spurs players are not allowed. Joking again! What a card I am.

6.) You are only allowed up to 3 players from each team. This is to prevent you all choosing the entire Liverpool team, which I know you want to.

7.) That's about it really, but I'm pushing for an even 10 points.

8.) What about Ray Parlour's wife getting half his future earnings, eh? Money grabbing little troll.

9.) Nearly there. Anyone not picking Joe Cole shall be disqualified - not sure from what. My affections, possibly.

10.) Once again, Spurs players are not allowed. Hahaha.

Oh yes, my team.

Howard - Ferriera, Campbell, Terry, Ashley Cole - Ronaldo, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Giggs - Michael Owen, Thierry Henry
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:30
Regular
I have a cyki.com fantasy team. Unless your league's on that, I shall turn you down. Much like Baros turned down Barcelona.

Anyway, I couldn't afford my team on a 100 million budget like all these fantasy things have. I have to have superb team planning after I've selected big money Djibril Cisse, Stevie and Joe Cole.
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:24
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Stryke wrote:
> The system works, OK? Less of your bolshy cheek. Sit their quietly
> until I feel suitable teams have been suggested, then I will count
> them all, and professionally discard all players who I don't like and
> Tottenham players, and present the forum with the Best Premiership
> XI. I suspect it'll look alarmingly like mine :)

Then submit it into my fantasy football league. SR Championship...a total of 8 members and climbing
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:21
Regular
The system works, OK? Less of your bolshy cheek. Sit their quietly until I feel suitable teams have been suggested, then I will count them all, and professionally discard all players who I don't like and Tottenham players, and present the forum with the Best Premiership XI. I suspect it'll look alarmingly like mine :)
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:11
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Stryke wrote:
> You don't have to pick either

You've missed my point - you're saying you can't pick both.....but who would want to? ;-p

I want to change my team:

Paul Robinson

G.Neville, Ferreira, Lauren, Carr
Aaron Hughes, Glen Johnson, Danny Mills, Mario Melchiot
Jamie Carragher, Steve Finnan

;-)

GL
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Stryke please divert you attention to joining my fantasy football league

PLEASE
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:06
Regular
I would never humiliate the founder of Dave.

You don't have to pick either - it's just I want to see who people think is better i.e. there's no doubt Gerrard and Viera would be the two midfielders in everyone's team, as they're a class above the rest (Yes, even above Mendes, Lil Bro, shock horror). So it's about seeing who people think are better. As for Gary or Ferriera, they're the best 2 right-backs. Which is better? That's for you to decide. You're not telling me you wouldn't play either?

[Cue Sniper to come in and shout about Lauren. Or lruean, as he'd spelt it.]
Wed 21/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Um, first of all I've got a question:

I can understand the idea of limiting some positions - the Viera/Gerrard, etc. But why, in the name of all things sacred to football, would anyone want to play with two right-backs, and play Gary Neville and Ferreira in the same team?

Looking forward to Stryke's sarcastic, and probably humiliating, reply ;-p

My team, btw:

Robinson
G. Neville, Terry, Gallas, Cole (it would have been Bridge before Euro 2004)
Mendieta, Gerrard, Scholes, Pires
Henry, RVN

GL
Wed 21/07/04 at 17:23
Regular
you'd never in a million years guess what team you supported.........
Wed 21/07/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Drogba or Cisse (Best Striker Signed From French League)
Gerrard or Viera (Best Midfielder)
G.Neville or Ferriera (Best Right Back)
Campbell or Rio Ferdinand (Best Central Defender)
Chris Kirkland or Paul Robinson (Best Future British Keeper)
Bridge or Ashley Cole (Best Left Back)
Arjen Robben or Christiano Ronaldo (Best Young Upstart Winger type)
Duff or Giggs (Best Left Winger)
Scholes or Nicky Butt (Best Ginger person who plays for Man Utd)

*As for another striker and centre-back to make up the full-eleven, I'm gonna have to go for Thierry Henry upfront and... John Terry at the back.
Tue 20/07/04 at 23:32
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Colourless wrote:
> Gronkjaer :P

How did I just know that was coming?

:^)

Quint, MSN it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.