GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England - The Future looks bright, the future is World Champions!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/04/01 at 21:53
Regular
I think Sven Goran Erikson is a great thing for England. I think we are taking a step in the right direction because of the admission of sven. His reputation is superb. I'm not going to list all his achievements but there are lots of them. I honestly think sven can turn it around for us. Kevin Keegan always picked his players on reputation. I hope Sven is not going to do this. Why did Keegan never play Kevin Phillips when Phillips was in devastating form last season. I also hope Sven will sort out the midfield and defence. I feel we have enough talent up front to kill any team off. If our defence and midfield was up to the forwards standards then England would be as good as France.

Things are looking very good for the future of England however. With Sven in control and some great youngsters hitting the scene, in 3 years time when the likes of Phil Neville and Seaman are finally dropped England could really go far. I will s**g Phil Neville off some more later on in this opinion. Below I have put out what I think will be agreat future england team.

FUTURE ENGLAND TEAM
GK: Richard Wright
DF: Rio Ferdinand
DF: Sol Campbell
DF: Seth Johnson
MF: Joe Cole
MF: David Becham
MF: Stephen Gerrard
MF: Ledley King
FW: Emile Heskey
FW: Michael Owen

Remeber I have missed out some fantastic players who will grace the england team in years to come. So if you don't like my choice maybe you can find some players below who you think would fit in the team better.

Lee Bowyer, Michael Carrick, Francis Jeffers, Ashley Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Clinton Morrison, Luke Young, Paul Robinson, Jon Harley, Jody Morris, Luke Chadwick and I'm sure there are many more you can think of.

So as I've said before it is looking good for english football. But because of the likes of Kevin Keegan and Glenn Hoddle not having the guts to try different systems and playing young players England haven't been able to progress as quickly as the likes of France and Italy.

Maybe Sven will pick the same players as all England managers feel they have to pick. The likes of Grame Le Saux and David Seaman who in my eyes shouldn't be in but always seem to make the team even if they are playing badly. A prime example is Keegans choice to choose David Seaman in Euro 2000 as our starting keeper. Before the tournament Seaman was having the worst spell of which looked to be the end of a very succesful career. However of late Seaman has been performing better. Why did Keegan not pick Nigel Martyn or David James. The reason is because he didn't have the guts to change the line up drastically.

After Euro 2000 I thought England were doomed as an International team for a number of years. But with some englishman playing well in the premiership I have looked on the bright side and I think we will be challengers come the year 2002.

Below is my guide to the players who maybe considered for the england team and also for those who are already in on merit.I have also given the players a rating out of 10 to show who I think should be in the team and to show who most certainly shouldn't.

David Seaman: His form has improved since last season when his reactions were slower than a minardi in F1. Now with a interesting hair cut he looks a new keeper. It only took him 10 years to work out that his hair was getting in his eyes far too often. I think Seaman is a strong competitor for the keepers jersey.
Rating: 7/10

Nigel Martyn: For the last couple of seasons Nigel has been the best keeper we've got. He's had a recent injury which I think will stop him from making the england team in friendlies to come and qualifiers to come. Since he has come back he hasn't looked his usual sharp self.
Rating: 5/10

Paul Robinson: Another Leeds keeper. He has proved he is a top class keeper. I don't think he will make the team for at least another year yet but the future is really looking good for this wonderkid. I think he will take over from Nigel Martyn at leeds by the end of next season so don't be suprised if he is englands first choice keeper in the near future.

David James: Now James was unlucky last season. He was one of the best keepers by far last season. He is a very solid keeper who has been overly critisiced in his time. His best days are ahead of him but in my eyes David James is the best keeper England have got. And no I'm not a Villa supporter.
Rating: 8/10

Richard Wright: So we have 5 top class keepers and Richard Wright is one of the best of them. Wright made a very nervous performance in his only game for England giving away 2 penalties. In the future though it is going to be him and Paul Robinson fighting it out for the jersey. I'm sorry Richard but my moneys on Paul.

Graeme Le Saux: Le Saux is one of the few left sided players we have. When he is not injured Le Saux is a good player. I don't think he is the sort of world class player we need but he can do a good solid job for us or at least more solid than Phil Neville can.
Rating: 6/10

Phil Neville: Good young player and brother of Gary Neville. Gary is a better defender although Phil Neville is a decent player. I wouldn't choose him if other players were not injured as there are quite a few better than him.

Seth Johnson: A bright star who plays for Derby. He is their 1 outstanding player week in week out so I think he should be chosen above Le Saux. Seth has shown good composure in all his matches and has performed well against the most quality of strikers.

Rio Ferdinand: Superb at West Ham. Even better at Leeds. Very quick very skillful, great tackler and thats what England need. On his day he is one of the best defenders in the world. If I was England manager I would choose him and pray that he does have one of his days.
Rating:8/10

Sol Campbell: The best England have got. If he doesn't stay at Spurs then they will fall apart. Tottenham 10th every season. If Sol was somewhere else it would be at least 4 places below that. Very strong and quick he is a great player and only 26. At least another 6 years left. Englands defence is att least garunteed this one great player who makes a makes a mistake once in every sheffield wednesday win. So not very often then.
Rating: 10/10

Wes Brown: Very impressive. He is everything you want a defender to be and I think if England played him along with Rio and Sol then our defence wouldn't conceed 3 goals against the likes of Romania again. He's played very well this season after coming back from an injury that could ruin a career. I can see him as an England defender for at leasat another 10 years. I told you things were looking up.

Stuart Pearce: He has played very well for West Ham this season. Phsyco is as solid as ever but has lost a couple of yards of pace. I think you need pace to be an international defender so I'm sorry to say Pearcy that I don't think a call up is on the books for you.
Rating: 4/10

Gary Neville: I think Gary is a very good player. He hardly ever makes a mistake he is still young and he is very solid. He gets up the flank a lot and is a good passer of the ball. I wonder if when Gary signed for United he told Alex Ferguson he needed his brother to play to make himself look good. I then think Alex agreed so Alex doesn't look like he is passed it in training.

Martin Keown: Martin I think is a good defender but he is well passed his best. I think it is unlikely we will be seeing Martin in Japan next year. At 33 he is one of Arsenals youngest defenders but I don't see know room for him in the team.

Gareth Barry: A very good passer and a good tackler. He lacks the vital thing which is pace. I'm sorry Gareth but you will be staying at home. Maybe you can see if you are legible to play for the international team Joachim wasn't legible to play for. I've heard their pretty good.

David Becham: The best we have got. The best crosser in the world. He is Englands only true world class player. He never runs passed players but he somehow always gets in adedly cross. With Emile Heskey running onto them I can see goals a plenty for England.

Paul Ince: Over rated if you ask me. He was our best player in Euro 2000 however my gran could of taken that award. 100% is always garunteed from Paul. He is a hard tackler but if he was to get into my England team it would be as a 20th choice defender. We have to much flair in midfield to play Incey.

Paul Gascoine: I don't think so.
Rating: 1/10 still more than Phil Neville

Dennis Wise: Good for Chelsea but poor for England. I can think of a lot of players that go into that category. He is slow, he has little skill and in my opinion isn't the great passer he is made out to be. So what does brainy Keegan do with the slow, weak unskillful player. He puts him on the left wing. Well done Kevin.

Paul Scholes: This player is a must for England. Even though he is ginger he is a very valueble player to us. He is quick, knows when to play the killer pass and also scores more than his fair share of goals. Paul Scholes makes deadly runs which always put him in the right place at the right time. His long range shooting is also something to admire.
Rating:9/10

Steve McManaman: Steve is a very good player. He has recently broke into Real Madrids first team and Real Madrid are the best team in europe. No one thought he could make it in Spain but he has. He is very skillful which is good and is ideal for the left wingers slot. He would be even more ideal if he was left footed but he has a better left foot than most englishman. I would puit him straight in the starting line up.

Joe Cole: Very skillful. Lots of flair. This is what we needed in Euro 2000. HE has scored many goals at West Ham and the great thing for England is he is so young. I would think hard on whether to start Joe or not but for the future he really is the best we have got. He has pulled off tricks that Pele wouldn't of dreamed of doing.

Lee Bowyer: Good crosser, very pacey and he scores a lot of goals. So why is he not in the England team then? Answer is he plays in the same position as David Beckham. If Beckham did get injured Bowyer must surely be someone Sven considers plaing.

Stephen Gerrard: A real quality player. You must be reading this thinking that England actually have a superb team. This is what I'm trying to tell you. Gerard is quick, has a leathal shot and is the best tacker I have seen in a long time. Overall he is a fabulous player. I think he must start against Spain and all qualifiers.

Emile Heskey: At Leicster he never looked anything great. At Liverpool he is a new man. He has scored more goals for Liverpool than in his whole career and he has only been at anfield for 1 year. He is strong, very quick, good in the air and has a good finish.
Rating: 9/10

Michael Owen: Very quick and skillful Owen has had a lot on his shoulders recently. He showed us all what he is capable of in the match against Roma but he needs to do that more often. With Fowler and Litmanen at Liverpool along with Heskey I think Owen is still the 1st choice striker. Owen is a great player with great skills and he will go on to be a great player of all time.

Robbie Fowler: He's done well at Liverpool recently but he never has done it for England. I definately wouldn't start Fowler. He is the most natural scorer you will see but natural isn't good enough nowadays. You must be super natural.

Andy Cole: Andy is very quick and is a great finisher. I think he would do well along side Emile Heskey. He has done well for Man U since he joined and should be rewarded for this with a place in the england team.

Kevin Phillips: He hasn't scored alot of goals this seasdon for his standards. I wouldn't play him for England. I don't think he is good enough. He has little skill and wouldn't have a chance against the likes of Cannavaro, and Desially.

Teddy Sherringham: He has done very well this season. He is slow but he things very quickly. He gets in good positions and is exceptional in the air. I don't see know reason why he can't play for England again. The trouble is I don't think he would play well with Heskey because they are too similar in their style of play.

So from this I have come up with a team I would choose to play if I was England Manager.

GK: David James
DC: Wes Brown
DC: Sol Campbell
DL: Seth Johnsen
DR: Gary Neville
ML: Michael Owen
MR: David Beckham
MC: Stephen Gerard
MC: Paul Scholes
FC: Emile Heskey
FC: Andy Cole

This is the team that would take England to glory so lets hope Sven has similar ideas.
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:57
Are you guys for real!
Sat 28/04/01 at 18:41
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
This is quite good but Seth johnsen??????? No!!! And Nigel Martyn is better than paul Robinson or david james.
Fri 27/04/01 at 21:53
Regular
I think Sven Goran Erikson is a great thing for England. I think we are taking a step in the right direction because of the admission of sven. His reputation is superb. I'm not going to list all his achievements but there are lots of them. I honestly think sven can turn it around for us. Kevin Keegan always picked his players on reputation. I hope Sven is not going to do this. Why did Keegan never play Kevin Phillips when Phillips was in devastating form last season. I also hope Sven will sort out the midfield and defence. I feel we have enough talent up front to kill any team off. If our defence and midfield was up to the forwards standards then England would be as good as France.

Things are looking very good for the future of England however. With Sven in control and some great youngsters hitting the scene, in 3 years time when the likes of Phil Neville and Seaman are finally dropped England could really go far. I will s**g Phil Neville off some more later on in this opinion. Below I have put out what I think will be agreat future england team.

FUTURE ENGLAND TEAM
GK: Richard Wright
DF: Sol Campbell
DF: Seth Johnson
MF: Joe Cole
MF: David Becham
MF: Stephen Gerrard
MF: Ledley King
FW: Emile Heskey
FW: Michael Owen

Remeber I have missed out some fantastic players who will grace the england team in years to come. So if you don't like my choice maybe you can find some players below who you think would fit in the team better.

Lee Bowyer, Michael Carrick, Francis Jeffers, Ashley Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Clinton Morrison, Luke Young, Paul Robinson, Jon Harley, Jody Morris, Luke Chadwick and I'm sure there are many more you can think of.

So as I've said before it is looking good for english football. But because of the likes of Kevin Keegan and Glenn Hoddle not having the guts to try different systems and playing young players England haven't been able to progress as quickly as the likes of France and Italy.

Maybe Sven will pick the same players as all England managers feel they have to pick. The likes of Grame Le Saux and David Seaman who in my eyes shouldn't be in but always seem to make the team even if they are playing badly. A prime example is Keegans choice to choose David Seaman in Euro 2000 as our starting keeper. Before the tournament Seaman was having the worst spell of which looked to be the end of a very succesful career. However of late Seaman has been performing better. Why did Keegan not pick Nigel Martyn or David James. The reason is because he didn't have the guts to change the line up drastically.

After Euro 2000 I thought England were doomed as an International team for a number of years. But with some englishman playing well in the premiership I have looked on the bright side and I think we will be challengers come the year 2002.

Below is my guide to the players who maybe considered for the england team and also for those who are already in on merit.I have also given the players a rating out of 10 to show who I think should be in the team and to show who most certainly shouldn't.

David Seaman: His form has improved since last season when his reactions were slower than a minardi in F1. Now with a interesting hair cut he looks a new keeper. It only took him 10 years to work out that his hair was getting in his eyes far too often. I think Seaman is a strong competitor for the keepers jersey.

Nigel Martyn: For the last couple of seasons Nigel has been the best keeper we've got. He's had a recent injury which I think will stop him from making the england team in friendlies to come and qualifiers to come. Since he has come back he hasn't looked his usual sharp self.

Paul Robinson: Another Leeds keeper. He has proved he is a top class keeper. I don't think he will make the team for at least another year yet but the future is really looking good for this wonderkid. I think he will take over from Nigel Martyn at leeds by the end of next season so don't be suprised if he is englands first choice keeper in the near future.

David James: Now James was unlucky last season. He was one of the best keepers by far last season. He is a very solid keeper who has been overly critisiced in his time. His best days are ahead of him but in my eyes David James is the best keeper England have got. And no I'm not a Villa supporter.

Richard Wright: So we have 5 top class keepers and Richard Wright is one of the best of them. Wright made a very nervous performance in his only game for England giving away 2 penalties. In the future though it is going to be him and Paul Robinson fighting it out for the jersey. I'm sorry Richard but my moneys on Paul.

Graeme Le Saux: Le Saux is one of the few left sided players we have. When he is not injured Le Saux is a good player. I don't think he is the sort of world class player we need but he can do a good solid job for us or at least more solid than Phil Neville can.

Phil Neville: Good young player and brother of Gary Neville. Gary is a better defender although Phil Neville is a decent player. I wouldn't choose him if other players were not injured as there are quite a few better than him.

Seth Johnson: A bright star who plays for Derby. He is their 1 outstanding player week in week out so I think he should be chosen above Le Saux. Seth has shown good composure in all his matches and has performed well against the most quality of strikers.

Rio Ferdinand: Superb at West Ham. Even better at Leeds. Very quick very skillful, great tackler and thats what England need. On his day he is one of the best defenders in the world. If I was England manager I would choose him and pray that he does have one of his days.
Rating:8/10

Sol Campbell: The best England have got. If he doesn't stay at Spurs then they will fall apart. Tottenham 10th every season. If Sol was somewhere else it would be at least 4 places below that. Very strong and quick he is a great player and only 26. At least another 6 years left. Englands defence is att least garunteed this one great player who makes a makes a mistake once in every sheffield wednesday win. So not very often then.

Wes Brown: Very impressive. He is everything you want a defender to be and I think if England played him along with Rio and Sol then our defence wouldn't conceed 3 goals against the likes of Romania again. He's played very well this season after coming back from an injury that could ruin a career. I can see him as an England defender for at leasat another 10 years. I told you things were looking up.

Stuart Pearce: He has played very well for West Ham this season. Phsyco is as solid as ever but has lost a couple of yards of pace. I think you need pace to be an international defender so I'm sorry to say Pearcy that I don't think a call up is on the books for you.

Gary Neville: I think Gary is a very good player. He hardly ever makes a mistake he is still young and he is very solid. He gets up the flank a lot and is a good passer of the ball. I wonder if when Gary signed for United he told Alex Ferguson he needed his brother to play to make himself look good. I then think Alex agreed so Alex doesn't look like he is passed it in training.

Martin Keown: Martin I think is a good defender but he is well passed his best. I think it is unlikely we will be seeing Martin in Japan next year. At 33 he is one of Arsenals youngest defenders but I don't see know room for him in the team.

Gareth Barry: A very good passer and a good tackler. He lacks the vital thing which is pace. I'm sorry Gareth but you will be staying at home. Maybe you can see if you are legible to play for the international team Joachim wasn't legible to play for. I've heard their pretty good.

David Becham: The best we have got. The best crosser in the world. He is Englands only true world class player. He never runs passed players but he somehow always gets in adedly cross. With Emile Heskey running onto them I can see goals a plenty for England.

Paul Ince: Over rated if you ask me. He was our best player in Euro 2000 however my gran could of taken that award. 100% is always garunteed from Paul. He is a hard tackler but if he was to get into my England team it would be as a 20th choice defender. We have to much flair in midfield to play Incey.

Paul Gascoine: I don't think so.
Rating: 1/10 still more than Phil Neville

Dennis Wise: Good for Chelsea but poor for England. I can think of a lot of players that go into that category. He is slow, he has little skill and in my opinion isn't the great passer he is made out to be. So what does brainy Keegan do with the slow, weak unskillful player. He puts him on the left wing. Well done Kevin.

Paul Scholes: This player is a must for England. Even though he is ginger he is a very valueble player to us. He is quick, knows when to play the killer pass and also scores more than his fair share of goals. Paul Scholes makes deadly runs which always put him in the right place at the right time. His long range shooting is also something to admire.
Rating:9/10

Steve McManaman: Steve is a very good player. He has recently broke into Real Madrids first team and Real Madrid are the best team in europe. No one thought he could make it in Spain but he has. He is very skillful which is good and is ideal for the left wingers slot. He would be even more ideal if he was left footed but he has a better left foot than most englishman. I would puit him straight in the starting line up.

Joe Cole: Very skillful. Lots of flair. This is what we needed in Euro 2000. HE has scored many goals at West Ham and the great thing for England is he is so young. I would think hard on whether to start Joe or not but for the future he really is the best we have got. He has pulled off tricks that Pele wouldn't of dreamed of doing.

Lee Bowyer: Good crosser, very pacey and he scores a lot of goals. So why is he not in the England team then? Answer is he plays in the same position as David Beckham. If Beckham did get injured Bowyer must surely be someone Sven considers plaing.

Stephen Gerrard: A real quality player. You must be reading this thinking that England actually have a superb team. This is what I'm trying to tell you. Gerard is quick, has a leathal shot and is the best tacker I have seen in a long time. Overall he is a fabulous player. I think he must start against Spain and all qualifiers.

Emile Heskey: At Leicster he never looked anything great. At Liverpool he is a new man. He has scored more goals for Liverpool than in his whole career and he has only been at anfield for 1 year. He is strong, very quick, good in the air and has a good finish.

Michael Owen: Very quick and skillful Owen has had a lot on his shoulders recently. He showed us all what he is capable of in the match against Roma but he needs to do that more often. With Fowler and Litmanen at Liverpool along with Heskey I think Owen is still the 1st choice striker. Owen is a great player with great skills and he will go on to be a great player of all time.

Robbie Fowler: He's done well at Liverpool recently but he never has done it for England. I definately wouldn't start Fowler. He is the most natural scorer you will see but natural isn't good enough nowadays. You must be super natural.

Andy Cole: Andy is very quick and is a great finisher. I think he would do well along side Emile Heskey. He has done well for Man U since he joined and should be rewarded for this with a place in the england team.

Kevin Phillips: He hasn't scored alot of goals this seasdon for his standards. I wouldn't play him for England. I don't think he is good enough. He has little skill and wouldn't have a chance against the likes of Cannavaro, and Desially.

Teddy Sherringham: He has done very well this season. He is slow but he things very quickly. He gets in good positions and is exceptional in the air. I don't see know reason why he can't play for England again. The trouble is I don't think he would play well with Heskey because they are too similar in their style of play.

So from this I have come up with a team I would choose to play if I was England Manager.

GK: David James
DC: Wes Brown
DC: Sol Campbell
DL: Seth Johnsen
DR: Gary Neville
ML: Michael Owen
MR: David Beckham
MC: Stephen Gerard
MC: Paul Scholes
FC: Emile Heskey
FC: Andy Cole

This is the team that would take England to glory so lets hope Sven has similar ideas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.