GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An Evening With Kevin Smith"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/07/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Has anyone seen this?

Whatever you think of Smith's films (which have been alternately praised for their realistic yet witty dialogue, and panned for being "peurile, childish, swearathons" (I know, I know; I'm trying to understand just why that is such a bad thing too), if you have even a shrivelled and atrophied sense of humour, even if you think that "there are some things that are no laughing matter", you'll almost certainly crack a smile or two if you watch this dvd.

Essentially Smith did a US college campus tour which consisted (theoretically) of a number of Q&A sessions. What it actually seemed to consist of is Smith recounting anecdotes and tales of his career and his life. This would be a DVD of purgatory if most directors did this. However, Smith is always hysterically funny, occasionally illuminating, and not afraid to take on awkward questions (or even drunken questions), and his candour is refreshing in an industry which is seemingly populated by "wonderful people" and "great actors".

Not only that, but it's one of the few non-fiction dvd's out at the moment that you can watch with either right or left wing friends....
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Has anyone seen this?

Whatever you think of Smith's films (which have been alternately praised for their realistic yet witty dialogue, and panned for being "peurile, childish, swearathons" (I know, I know; I'm trying to understand just why that is such a bad thing too), if you have even a shrivelled and atrophied sense of humour, even if you think that "there are some things that are no laughing matter", you'll almost certainly crack a smile or two if you watch this dvd.

Essentially Smith did a US college campus tour which consisted (theoretically) of a number of Q&A sessions. What it actually seemed to consist of is Smith recounting anecdotes and tales of his career and his life. This would be a DVD of purgatory if most directors did this. However, Smith is always hysterically funny, occasionally illuminating, and not afraid to take on awkward questions (or even drunken questions), and his candour is refreshing in an industry which is seemingly populated by "wonderful people" and "great actors".

Not only that, but it's one of the few non-fiction dvd's out at the moment that you can watch with either right or left wing friends....
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cheers for reminding me - Snuggly was meant to lend this ages ago.

Snugggggleeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!!
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:52
Regular
"Staffie 2"
Oh really? Was this around the time he borrowed my copy?

Snugggggleeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!!
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Re-he-reaaallllllllyyyyyyy?
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Does he talk about his filming of Prince's Celebration event on this DVD? I've read a transcript of that and it was hilarious.
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Yup, he sure does. I didn't find that quite as funny as my friend Sara (who is a huge Prince fan, whereas I don't care if he lives or dies) did, but it's a corking monologue. For my money, his chat about the whole "Superman Lives" debacle (plus ANY comments about Tim Burton) are the funniest bits of the dvd.
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Erm....sorry Snuggly; I seem to have gotten you in trouble...
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
That's okay, Rich is my flunkey anyway.

It's really funny, he's a genuinely hilarious guy, even just standing on a stage talking for four hours. I saw him do just that a few months ago in London, and it was most entertaining (particular his confession of wooing a girl by putting notes on her windscreen, dressing as Batman and perching on the roof of the nearby pharmacist).
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Staffie 2"
Flunkey? FLUNKEY?

/Admires Snuggly's font colour
Mon 19/07/04 at 16:26
Regular
"relocated"
I love Kevin Smith movies and I'd really like to see this now that I know it exists.

Has anyone here seen Jersey Girl? It sounded so terrible that I couldn't bring myself to go and see it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.