GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Job Interviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/07/04 at 11:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
How do you approach job interviews? Do they make you nervous? Or do you have some supreme confidence that guides you smoothly through?

I only ask as I have an interview tomorrow, albeit its only for a part time job at a (I wont mention the name) home computer store, one of the big ones. I really could do with the job to get through the second year of uni, and don’t like the thought of working in a restaurant or something. This job would be ideal.

Anyone have any tips apart from the obvious dress smartly ect? I still have my Record of Achievement book from school but no one ever seems interested in that, don’t know whether to take it or not, the woman on the phone said I didn’t need to bring anything.

Any advice would be appreciated for tomorrow, and future interviews.
Mon 19/07/04 at 00:00
Regular
Woo-Hoo (Homer Style)

Cough

Im dreading it being some sort of group interview thing with a few of us. They offered me three different days to come in, Mon, Tue or Wed, so its possible.

Either way, find out tomorrow.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:42
"period drama"
Well, if you're working in PC World or wherever, they're probably checking you are a complete unemployable idiot.
Sun 18/07/04 at 18:29
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
They're just checking you're not a complete
> unemployable idiot.

........crap
Sun 18/07/04 at 18:03
"period drama"
With part-time stuff, if you get an interview you've probably scored the job anyway. They're just checking you're not a complete unemployable idiot.
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:52
Regular
If they told you not to bring anything, don't. You don't need it getting in the way and serving no useful purpose.

Try to think up a couple of good questions to ask them about working there.
And not about the salary, try for something about the working environment, future prospects within the company, something like that.
Sun 18/07/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Selected"
I hate job interviews - they're so fake. All you have to do is sit there and talk about how you'd take a bullet for a customer if he asked you to for 30 minutes. It's balls. I'm a customer and I don't CARE how much the staff in a particular shop are willing to help. I DON'T CARE!

*sigh*

But yeah, like everybody here said, look them in the eye, pretend to care blah blah BLAH love the customer.
Sun 18/07/04 at 13:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ashley wrote:
>
> Why do you want to work for PC world? (example):

because i wanted to prove to myself that life COULD get worse....
Sun 18/07/04 at 13:25
Regular
yeah even if your a lazy git, just seem like mr enthusiasm tomorrow. Usually for a part time job once you have an interview you pretty much have the job in the bag anyway. As long as you seem fairly articulate and give the appearance of being pretty enthusiastic. They can't really be bothered to look properly and only call you in just to check you aren't a complete pikey and look fairly confident.

Basically turn up, say something about yourself that make you sound fairly interesting, or anything responsible/acheivements you have done. Then for the rest of the interview just give them the answers they want.

Ie:

Why do you want to work for PC world? (example):

I have a strong interest in computers, and feel it is an area in which i could offer a certain level of knowledge and expetise. Then give them some rubbish about it seeming a nice place to work as everyone seems enthusiatic and professional "which really suits you as you enjoy working productively as part of a happy team".

Obvioiusly don't go over the top, but basically feed them what they want and everything should be ok. So long as positions aren't ridiculously limited and Bill gates has applied for it.
Sun 18/07/04 at 11:55
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Make sure you have a CV as thats what replaced the record of achievement, smartly dressed, look them in the eye when answering, ask them questions as it shows you have some interest and don't slouch on the seat your bieng interviewed in
Sun 18/07/04 at 11:34
Regular
How do you approach job interviews? Do they make you nervous? Or do you have some supreme confidence that guides you smoothly through?

I only ask as I have an interview tomorrow, albeit its only for a part time job at a (I wont mention the name) home computer store, one of the big ones. I really could do with the job to get through the second year of uni, and don’t like the thought of working in a restaurant or something. This job would be ideal.

Anyone have any tips apart from the obvious dress smartly ect? I still have my Record of Achievement book from school but no one ever seems interested in that, don’t know whether to take it or not, the woman on the phone said I didn’t need to bring anything.

Any advice would be appreciated for tomorrow, and future interviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.