GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TS : Future Perfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Fri 11/02/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Just been reading this article [URL] http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57893 [/URL] over at Eurogamer and they don't seem too impressed with it. Apparently it's not really any different to the previous versions and the "wow" factor has gone. They did say it was a polished game but it isn't likely to score top marks. I for one and I know Tilt may be a bit disappointed considering it was looking pretty good. I'll probably give it a try and see what it's like before I pass judgement.
Sat 12/02/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hedfix wrote:
> Because you've already played it online and can therefore make that
> judgement? :P

Nah, what I mean is that I prefer playing any FPS game against the computer rather than online.
Sat 12/02/05 at 14:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Apparently it's not really any different to the previous versions..

.. which is surely good as TSP2 was superb. I dunno, I played the PS2 demo of this and was a little underwhelmed but they demo was very short. I'm still hoping for great things, knowing the additions this time around.
Sat 12/02/05 at 10:39
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Nah, its like that with every game for Strid. People just continuously laugh at him online.
Sat 12/02/05 at 03:06
Regular
"8==="
Because you've already played it online and can therefore make that judgement? :P
Fri 11/02/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I'll probably play it online but I actually prefer it when it's just me against the computer.
Fri 11/02/05 at 12:32
Regular
"8==="
Online's the main difference, I saw Gamer.TV's interview with Doak about the improved storyline + there are 4 types of monkeys now (robotic, zombie etc).

It's going to be nearer to the game Unreal Championship should have been online.

Offline - couldn't give a to$$
Fri 11/02/05 at 11:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yus - story mode was never great, and to be honest, I never expected FP to be a grand master of pushing the FPS forwards.
Fri 11/02/05 at 11:14
Regular
"Touched!"
I must admit the Live play will still sell the game, I'll probably buy it just to see how good the live play is, I really enjoyed the four player mode in TS 1 and 2.
Fri 11/02/05 at 11:09
Regular
*Eurogamer are a bunch of bummers

From the screenshots and videos I've seen it's basically Timesplitters 2 with a much better story mode and an even bigger multiplayer section which is now online.

That's all I ever really wanted, the multiplayer from TS2 needed very little alterations in my mind other than bringing it online. Apparently the levels are now larger as well to cater for new game modes and more players. Oh and there's also blood which is nice.

*Probably false as I've never been on the site
Fri 11/02/05 at 11:00
Regular
"Touched!"
Just been reading this article [URL] http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57893 [/URL] over at Eurogamer and they don't seem too impressed with it. Apparently it's not really any different to the previous versions and the "wow" factor has gone. They did say it was a polished game but it isn't likely to score top marks. I for one and I know Tilt may be a bit disappointed considering it was looking pretty good. I'll probably give it a try and see what it's like before I pass judgement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.