GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Americans are stupid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/07/04 at 15:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
I know this girl from America who I chat to on msn from time to time and I happened to mention I went to a uni open day at Sheffield and asked if she knew where it was. I asked how come most American's knew very little about England and her response was that America was just better, thus pushing me onto an Anti-American rant.

She beleive's Bush, an illiterate man with the diplomacy of a toothbrush, is the greatest president they've ever had. That he won the election fair and square and will stay in power for many years to come, and much more indoctrinated filth such as the whole of Iraq being terrorists and America having the right to police the globe.

I smiled and mentioned Michael Moore.

She blocked me.
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
I know this girl from America who I chat to on msn from time to time and I happened to mention I went to a uni open day at Sheffield and asked if she knew where it was. I asked how come most American's knew very little about England and her response was that America was just better, thus pushing me onto an Anti-American rant.

She beleive's Bush, an illiterate man with the diplomacy of a toothbrush, is the greatest president they've ever had. That he won the election fair and square and will stay in power for many years to come, and much more indoctrinated filth such as the whole of Iraq being terrorists and America having the right to police the globe.

I smiled and mentioned Michael Moore.

She blocked me.
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:27
Regular
"I dnt hv a cachfras"
I work with an american. You can tell him a story, and he don't realise it's a joke till you hit the punchline.
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Digitech wanted me to enter my "state abbreviation" and "zip code" when I was registering my whammy pedal despite me entering the UK as my country. Morons.
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The problem is that Americans don't realise their ignorance: Only the Japanese are worse when it comes to accepting foreign customs. The problem is that Americans are only ever taught about their own country, never any others. The other problem is that they have the world's largest economy (Compared to the UK, which has the 4th largest), so they are relatively cocky.

Yes, there are idiots in the UK, a f**kload of them. But at least they can take the choce to learn about different countries.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:33
Regular
"muhaha (Im laughing"
Der Nazi wrote:
> The problem is that Americans don't realise their ignorance: Only the
> Japanese are worse when it comes to accepting foreign customs. The
> problem is that Americans are only ever taught about their own
> country, never any others. The other problem is that they have the
> world's largest economy (Compared to the UK, which has the 4th
> largest), so they are relatively cocky.
>
> Yes, there are idiots in the UK, a f**kload of them. But at least
> they can take the choce to learn about different countries.

very true
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:38
Regular
> Der Nazi wrote:
> The problem is that Americans don't realise their ignorance:

Thats a poor excuse, The americans belive that they are the

SUPRIOR RACE

and that anything hapening outside of the usa is not important (exepet Iraq because all love war and oil) =)
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Come on Para, you should know better then to generalise a whole nation by one person (a very stupid, ignorant person. She from Alabama or one of those places by any chance). Hell i could take Gazza as an example of english people and assume that we all are stupid, wife beating drunks but i know better.

Also in the American schools i was at we learned about different countries as well not just America.

Every country has idiots that give a bad light on the country they're from, you just pat them on the head, say yes dear, sigh to yourself then carry on and let them live with their ignorance. Sure if you go to places like Mississipi, Arkansas or Alabama you will find the exact stereotype of an american seeing as most of them come from a family that has lived there for generations and married their sister. However if you go to the actually properly educated places of America (which is the majority) then the people there are no different there then here (just a bit louder and more approachable)

Anyway been down this road before, let the ignorant anti-american rants full of untrue stereotypes begin it's been a while since we had one of these posts, was a bit worried. (seems it already has though :-D)
Thu 15/07/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I love the americans
Thu 15/07/04 at 21:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
My vast generalisations will get me into trouble one day, heh.

Im sure everyone knew I didnt mean all Americans are stupid, just a portion of them.
Thu 15/07/04 at 21:47
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Seriously though, people that play Xbox Live will tell you stories of some certain American stupidity. As a quick example:

gnarlee_182: Hey dude.
Me: Hey.
gnarlee_182: Dude, whats up with your accent?
Me: I'm British.
gnarlee_182: What?
Me: I'm. From. The. UK.
gnarlee_182: Wow, dude, isn't that like in England or something?
Me: *sigh*

I'm not saying all yanks like gnarlee_182 *sigh* are this idiotic, but still.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.