GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/07/04 at 00:49
"Hi"
I'm learning to typpe HTML and I'm getting confused, is it the best way to make a site and can it actually look good?
Thu 22/07/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mmm I learnt JavaScript in a week from WebMonkey.
Thu 22/07/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Don't forget WebMonkey - [URL]http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/[/URL]
It may be old but its still very useful.
Wed 21/07/04 at 21:21
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Or www.htmlgoodies.com ... bit jokey but a good beginners tutorial
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:25
Regular
www.davesite.com, one of the best site there is to learn, its very good and helpful. you cn also start to learn other languages on there to
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Freeola Support"
The best advise I would have is Draw up in rough what you want your site to look like, you will then need to figure out how to make certain elements (for example if you want curvy top left hand corner you will need an image editor).

As recommended by our systems department a text based editor like [URL]http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net[/URL] is very useful but only when you know what you want.
Wed 14/07/04 at 18:48
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
If you use something like Dreamweaver or FrontPage to make a web site, what they do is to generate all the HTML for you, so you just place things on the page the way you want them.

There's nothing to stop you writing your own HTML, its just more laborious. You end up with exactly the same result, but it's probably going to take you longer.

On the other hand, IMHO its good to know HTML, even if you do use Dreamweaver etc. There's occasionally a need to do something specific that the packages can't do, and then you're better off if you know how to code it yourself.
Wed 14/07/04 at 08:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's the only way to make a site!

Without HTML there would be nothing!
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:49
"Hi"
I'm learning to typpe HTML and I'm getting confused, is it the best way to make a site and can it actually look good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.