GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is the best WWF game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/04/01 at 20:48
Regular
In my opinion Smackdown!2 is the best game at the moment but as soon as No.3 comes out we'll have a new champ. (gamewise not on TV although Austin wont lose the title at Insurrextion but he will at Backlash)
Mon 30/04/01 at 22:54
Regular
Matt Hardy wrote:
> They're made by the same company so I expect the gameplay to be
> pretty similar. Raw will look better, but that's to be expected with
> the added power of X Box. The Smackdown! series is more well-known
> so will probably be more popular and sell more.

Well THQ made No mercy and Smackdown. These two games are very very different. Gameplay on both is completly different.
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:54
nobby flagpole wrote:

>I think that Austin and Triple H will win
>the Tag Team Championship against 'Taker and Kane at >Backlash this weekend.

I was right!!

The other Backlash results are:

X-Factor beat the three Dudlys - who then 3D'd X-Pac through a table

Rhyno retained his Hardcore title against Raven

William Regal beat Y2J in the Dutchess of Queensberry Rules match after Jerico pinned Regal - just as Round one ended!!? (according to the Queensberry rules). Y2J then put the walls of Jerico on Regal and made him tap out - but you can't win by submission. There was also no Disqualifications.

Chris Benoit made Kurt Angle tap out a forth time as it went to sudden death after they both had made each other tap out 3 times when the 30 minutes were up in the 30 minutes Ultimate Submission match.

Matt Hardy retained the European title in a triple threat match between Christian and Eddie Gurrero.

In a last man Standing match against The Big Show, Shane MacMahon amazingly climbed the steel Backlash frame around the titontron screen and did a diving elbow from 50 foot up onto the 'Show!!!! Then Test helped shane stand up while the Big Show was left lying in a broken heap!

In the main event pitting Triple H and Stone Cold against Undertaker and Kane, Kane struggled for most of the match with his injured elbow. He then tagged in Undertaker who gave Triple H the last ride and went for the cover. But the referee said that it didn't count because he didn't see the tag! After Kane kicked Stephanie MacMahon Mr MacMahon came out with a sledge hammer and hit Kane, then Triple H hit Kane with it and pinned him!!
Austin and Triple H are the new Tag Team Champions!!!

Fri 27/04/01 at 18:22
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Getting back to the subject, The smackdown series is very poor can't anyone see it. The n64's No mercy cannot be beaten. Smackdown2 is the easiest game there is (And ive played the first rugrats game)
Thu 26/04/01 at 23:29
Austin won't lose His title a insurrextion because it's a PPV for Britain, big titles never change hands 'cause americans would complain about not seeing it live.

Also the X-box Rock model don't look too amazing i mean he looked better in WWF attitude (and they also had facial expressions) Cause I don't knhow what the actual game looks like.

Anyway i why should i care? WCW World tour i my favorite wrestling game.
Thu 26/04/01 at 23:23
The last post (Matt Hardy) is actually me. Well, it's not but I accidentally used my little brother's nickname.

Nobby Flagpole
Thu 26/04/01 at 23:02
Regular
They're made by the same company so I expect the gameplay to be pretty similar. Raw will look better, but that's to be expected with the added power of X Box. The Smackdown! series is more well-known so will probably be more popular and sell more.
Thu 26/04/01 at 22:54
Regular
u cant be saying SM3 will be da best. Raw is war on x-box and surly there will be a follow up to No mercy on Gamecube.
Thu 26/04/01 at 22:05
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> Austin wont lose the title at Insurrextion but he will at
Backlash)

I think that Austin and Triple H will win the Tag Team Championship against 'Taker and Kane at Backlash this weekend.
At Insurrextion 'Taker will win the WWF Championship from Stone Cold and Kane will win the Intercontinental Championship from Triple H.
Thu 26/04/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
In my opinion Smackdown!2 is the best game at the moment but as soon as No.3 comes out we'll have a new champ. (gamewise not on TV although Austin wont lose the title at Insurrextion but he will at Backlash)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.