GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KILLING OFF SCI-FI"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 23:02
"The pen is mightier"
What`s happening to SCI-FI?

First those lame STAR WARS prequels
Then the lacklustre 2nd and 3rd outings of THE MATRIX
Then DOCTOR WHO without any Daleks
FARSCAPE getting axed
ENTERPRISE threaten with the chop just as it started to get better

Whereas Fantasy has never been so good, need i say LOTR trilogy...?
oh, and on a bit of a limb here, but STAR TREK: NEMESIS - I actually quite liked it despite reading lots of negative press reviews and seeing it with a Trekkie who DIDN`T like it!!! Good DVD release...!

Any thoughts?
Sun 18/07/04 at 02:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Isn't there a new Stargate spin off series starting in the US, Stargate Atlantis? not to mention the new Battlestar Galactica series as well as the Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars mini-series in October. I'm also looking forward to The Chroicles of Riddick at the cinema even though it stars Vin Diesal who, to be fair, was only ever really good in the role of Riddick in Pitch Black anyway.
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:37
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
New series of Stargate has also just started in the US. Why does broadband have to be so slow?!?!?!
Tue 13/07/04 at 23:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Just watch Cypher over and over again. Sci fi without the action that turns many people off.
Tue 13/07/04 at 23:57
"The pen is mightier"
What about this years crop of summer movies?

VAN HELSING: like a non-stop pop video, very loud, very CGI and not much else
THE DAY AFTER TORMORROW: Yanks work out how to save us from global warming!!! Brits freeze to death watching Man Utd and everyone in the cinema falls asleep inbetween the action bits!

HARRY POTTER 3: Please, please, PLEASE Save us from Daniel Radcliffe, and stop adding more money to Rowlings £423 million fortune!

And the up & coming stuff....

SPIDERMAN 2 looking good
SHREK 2 looking similar
I, ROBOT looking like WILD, WILD WEST 2: WILL NEEDS A HIT FILM
THUNDERBIRDS looking like both the strings and the budget were cut
HELLBOY looks fun
KING ARTHUR looks like a poor mans GLADIATOR
And finally,
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS... Look, just don`t even get me started on this one!

Surely its got to get better?
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:40
Regular
Fantasy > Sci-Fi
Tue 13/07/04 at 15:21
"I love yo... lamp."
They need a new Star Trek series set in the time of the federation with lots of even more high tech stuff. And crewed entirely by 7 of 9 clones.
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:30
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Nemesis was good, not great but there are worse star trek films. Enterprise series 3 was very good and thankfully they are making a fourth. I never really got into Farscape, something just didn’t feel right about it. At the moment there is a gap in the sci-fi market, we need a great film and a new series to fill it.
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:02
"The pen is mightier"
What`s happening to SCI-FI?

First those lame STAR WARS prequels
Then the lacklustre 2nd and 3rd outings of THE MATRIX
Then DOCTOR WHO without any Daleks
FARSCAPE getting axed
ENTERPRISE threaten with the chop just as it started to get better

Whereas Fantasy has never been so good, need i say LOTR trilogy...?
oh, and on a bit of a limb here, but STAR TREK: NEMESIS - I actually quite liked it despite reading lots of negative press reviews and seeing it with a Trekkie who DIDN`T like it!!! Good DVD release...!

Any thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.