GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"future console war, which side are you??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 21:57
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
since i do not qualify as a regular yet, i will post here.

the current situation in consoles, and the popularity of each, strikes me to think what will each consoles successors achieve compared to its competition.

i think the xbox is the best of the 3 consoles, followed by gc and then ps2.

however, my opinion does not hold with everyone obviously, but what will the next console of sony, microsoft and nintendo have to offer. which will be the best out of those 3 consoles. i think sony will lose alot of gamers to microsoft.

as a simple way, not necessarily a very accurate means of measurement, but a way nonetheless, of seeing a pre-release vote as to which console you think will be tops, and which you are most anticipating.
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:15
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
you can buy all three if you want. i have in my house all 3, but not all mine, so i can play on any console i want, but i would still consider myself on the xbox side as it is my favourite console and i am most likely to buy the xbox2 for lack of an official term.
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:13
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
surely it is obvious that if i was a regular, i would have posted in future of gaming. but its a prime topic so i cant
Tue 13/07/04 at 14:40
"For the horde!!!!"
Ginger Peni wrote:
> Do you people who own all the console ever leave your houses?

Only when it's dark
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i'll decide when they're released
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:28
Regular
The majority of people don't want to support 3 consoles either. It's bad enough finding the time and money to support one, let alone 3.

Do you people who own all the console ever leave your houses?
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Why must we take sides? Why can't we buy all 3 and enjoy the best of
> all worlds?

Because the majority of people cannot afford to support 3 consoles.
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:00
"Was UW."
I'll be happy to get any of them.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not taking any sides, will just wait to see which console has the best line up of RPG's and then go for that one, just like i did with this current crop of consoles when i got my PS2.
Mon 12/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"lets go back"
matriculator wrote:
> since i do not qualify as a regular yet, i will post here.

I'm curious as to where this would have been posted if you were a regular.

As for the console war, any of the unmade and unrealeased consoles have the potential to be the best.
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
Why must we take sides? Why can't we buy all 3 and enjoy the best of all worlds?

Taking sides is the first step to fanboy-ism. And that's just wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.